• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good Officer's..

77zach

I've seen that one before. That trooper is one in the dwindling ranks of true PEACE officers.

I'm often accused of cop bashing, but I have to admit it gets more and more difficult for me to get upset at the police. My basic problem with the cops is that they enforce the laws, all of them. And even though the cops aren't totally innocent because the Nurmemberg defense is illegitimate, it's the sheeple electing the tyrants who make the laws. It's also the elected "officials" militarizing the police and it is they who allow the police to be unaccountable.

Last edited:

mach1chris

I've seen that one before. That trooper is one in the dwindling ranks of true PEACE officers.

I'm often accused of cop bashing, but I have to admit it gets more and more difficult for me to get upset at the police. My basic problem with the cops is that they enforce the laws, all of them. And even though the cops aren't totally innocent because the Nurmemberg defense is illegitimate, it's the sheeple electing the tyrants who make the laws. It's also the elected "officials" militarizing the police and it is they who allow the police to be unaccountable.

Georgia Highway Patrol is very luck, and most likely very proud of their state trooper in this video. I agree with you 120%. Don't forget that although some Officer's should not be Officer's, but their are those that are kind and that use common sense.

KeepShootin

I never look to be confrontational with a cop. I have found that most cops are just big bullies, and they're always the ones to start problems. Now, there are exceptions. Not every encounter I've had with cops has been bad. There are still good cops out there, but they are few and far between.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Good cop? Not so fast. First I want to see where he effectively advocated tearing down the Blue Wall of Silence and everything it hides. At the very least ratted out another officer for violating someone's 4th or 5th Amendment rights, or trying to violate them.

Also, that cop doesn't really keep his cool. Listen to his tone of voice as he tells the driver to read the something on the front and the back, and about the deadline for responding to the summons. The cop is basically getting into it with the driver by treating him with a childishly condescending tone.

Did the cop jack up the driver as others might? No. But, I'm not convinced he's a good cop. Certainly, he didn't maintain a professional attitude.

carry for myself

Georgia Highway Patrol is very luck, and most likely very proud of their state trooper in this video. I agree with you 120%. Don't forget that although some Officer's should not be Officer's, but their are those that are kind and that use common sense.

to correct you. that is MAINE STATE POLICE OFFICER MURRY ;-) he works troop A in waterboro maine. and he is a very nice guy. wife and kids.

c'mon now. if he was georgia he would have an accent :p

10x

I agree, there are a few good cops out there, most of them have a attitude because of there badge.

carry for myself

I agree, there are a few good cops out there, most of them have a attitude because of there badge.

not the badge.

look at it this way. lets say you get up in the morning, have coffee, shower dress ect. then you go to work KNOWING that 99.9% of the people you will encounter, are horrible, vile , rude, insulting and sometimes murderious scum. who will try to take your life from you instantly apon you speaking to them.

now imagine dealing with those people all day. getting called, a pig, pork, and hundreds of other names all day. you barely ever get thanked for risking your life but you still do it.

then add what they see, murders, rapes, abductions, assaults, corpses, brainmatter, guts, blood every day? that stuff never leaves you.

so take all that into account then think.........what mood would YOU be in lol

not all cops are good. but not all are Aholes because they have a badge, when you see an officer, remember that you have NO clue what call he just came from, what he just saw, what lifeless body he may have just held as it slipped away infront of him. if he got punched, shot at, chewed out. you may be on your way to walmart, and be in a great mood..........but if you had his job, you may be a little corse as well ;-)

77zach

Also, that cop doesn't really keep his cool. Listen to his tone of voice as he tells the driver to read the something on the front and the back, and about the deadline for responding to the summons.

True, but we're grading on a curve in 2011 Amerika, lol. Once the driver snatched the papers from the officer, many cops would have tazed and arrested him for assaulting a police officer.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
To all of you Police basher's out there. Not all cop's are bad guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRTlrfTw0s

The cop should have given the guy a ticket for disturbing the peace for that voice. Seriously that guy was almost as bad as Fran Drescher...lol

Back to the topic. I thought the cop was okay. Yes, he tormented the guy a little bit but the driver brought it on himself.

mach1chris

to correct you. that is MAINE STATE POLICE OFFICER MURRY ;-) he works troop A in waterboro maine. and he is a very nice guy. wife and kids.

c'mon now. if he was georgia he would have an accent :p

correction understood... I thought he was from Georgia because the color of his uniform, I didn't really pay that much attention...
But anyways, Maine is extremely lucky to have such a Officer on the force. Good man.

Last edited:

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Ok so the tax collector did not have a "roid rage" incident what is so extrordinary about that.

If you have a disagreement at the DMV, do you comend the DMV lady for not pulling out a tazer and putting a boot on your throat?

I can see by the video that this fellow has been paying his taxes to the King. Registration, drivers license, fuel taxes, Etc. our country was built on people being pissed off over taxation.

Why is it, the Boston tea party participants are patriots, and this weary taxpayer is a jerk?

I actually think that this mans behavior is very American like (despite his accent) and sets him apart from the rest of the "managed livestock" that are the norm.

Can anyone point out where the victim is in this crime?

Gunslinger

not the badge.

look at it this way. lets say you get up in the morning, have coffee, shower dress ect. then you go to work KNOWING that 99.9% of the people you will encounter, are horrible, vile , rude, insulting and sometimes murderious scum. who will try to take your life from you instantly apon you speaking to them.

now imagine dealing with those people all day. getting called, a pig, pork, and hundreds of other names all day. you barely ever get thanked for risking your life but you still do it.

then add what they see, murders, rapes, abductions, assaults, corpses, brainmatter, guts, blood every day? that stuff never leaves you.

so take all that into account then think.........what mood would YOU be in lol

not all cops are good. but not all are Aholes because they have a badge, when you see an officer, remember that you have NO clue what call he just came from, what he just saw, what lifeless body he may have just held as it slipped away infront of him. if he got punched, shot at, chewed out. you may be on your way to walmart, and be in a great mood..........but if you had his job, you may be a little corse as well ;-)

99.9% is BS. The VAST majority of people they deal with are honest citizens generally in a traffic stop or some minor violation. The VAST majority of cops never unholster their weapon, see a murder or corpse or any kind. If they can't handle the stress, quit and go work at Dairy Queen. No one held a gun to their head to become a cop.

But, funny video. Thanx for posting.

Last edited:

77zach

Good cop? Oxymoron...

I don't know. I don't believe the law can morally do anything we can't do as individuals. For example, taxation is nothing but theft. Cops perform certain tasks that are necessary, such as enforcing property rights. So in that sense there can be a good cop. But if I were a cop, what would happen if I refused to write "speeding" tickets? A real speed limit, would be just that: the maximum speed which, under ideal conditions, a person could safely operate a vehicle. Anything less is robbing peoples' time. Instead of going 70 on I-75, I should be doing 100. Or what if I refused to enforce drug laws or "gun laws"? I guess I'd be fired? So in that sense, no, there can't be a good cop.

Here is an example of being doubly bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP7zI0qc&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:

mach1chris

I don't know. I don't believe the law can morally do anything we can't do as individuals. For example, taxation is nothing but theft. Cops perform certain tasks that are necessary, such as enforcing property rights. So in that sense there can be a good cop. But if I were a cop, what would happen if I refused to write "speeding" tickets? A real speed limit, would be just that: the maximum speed which, under ideal conditions, a person could safely operate a vehicle. Anything less is robbing peoples' time. Instead of going 70 on I-75, I should be doing 100. Or what if I refused to enforce drug laws or "gun laws"? I guess I'd be fired? So in that sense, no, there can't be a good cop.

Maybe the officer's just recently got cheated on by his wife, before that night you never know. Its for sure that he was having a very bad night.
He crossed the line many time's and the worst part is the way he treated the citizen. I don't care who you are, you treat people with the same respect given to you.

Wetworx

How in the hell was this cop only relieved of his duties? It seems to me that he should be criminally liable for some of the threats he made.