Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Officer's..

Good Officer's..

To all of you Police basher's out there. Not all cop's are bad guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRRTlrfTw0s
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

I've seen that one before. That trooper is one in the dwindling ranks of true PEACE officers.

I'm often accused of cop bashing, but I have to admit it gets more and more difficult for me to get upset at the police. My basic problem with the cops is that they enforce the laws, all of them. And even though the cops aren't totally innocent because the Nurmemberg defense is illegitimate, it's the sheeple electing the tyrants who make the laws. It's also the elected "officials" militarizing the police and it is they who allow the police to be unaccountable.
    Last edited by 77zach; 07-20-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I've seen that one before. That trooper is one in the dwindling ranks of true PEACE officers.

I'm often accused of cop bashing, but I have to admit it gets more and more difficult for me to get upset at the police. My basic problem with the cops is that they enforce the laws, all of them. And even though the cops aren't totally innocent because the Nurmemberg defense is illegitimate, it's the sheeple electing the tyrants who make the laws. It's also the elected "officials" militarizing the police and it is they who allow the police to be unaccountable.
    Georgia Highway Patrol is very luck, and most likely very proud of their state trooper in this video. I agree with you 120%. Don't forget that although some Officer's should not be Officer's, but their are those that are kind and that use common sense.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

I never look to be confrontational with a cop. I have found that most cops are just big bullies, and they're always the ones to start problems. Now, there are exceptions. Not every encounter I've had with cops has been bad. There are still good cops out there, but they are few and far between.

Founder's Club Member
    Good cop? Not so fast. First I want to see where he effectively advocated tearing down the Blue Wall of Silence and everything it hides. At the very least ratted out another officer for violating someone's 4th or 5th Amendment rights, or trying to violate them.

Also, that cop doesn't really keep his cool. Listen to his tone of voice as he tells the driver to read the something on the front and the back, and about the deadline for responding to the summons. The cop is basically getting into it with the driver by treating him with a childishly condescending tone.

Did the cop jack up the driver as others might? No. But, I'm not convinced he's a good cop. Certainly, he didn't maintain a professional attitude.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    Georgia Highway Patrol is very luck, and most likely very proud of their state trooper in this video. I agree with you 120%. Don't forget that although some Officer's should not be Officer's, but their are those that are kind and that use common sense.
    to correct you. that is MAINE STATE POLICE OFFICER MURRY ;-) he works troop A in waterboro maine. and he is a very nice guy. wife and kids.

c'mon now. if he was georgia he would have an accent :-p
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

I agree, there are a few good cops out there, most of them have a attitude because of there badge.

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 10x View Post
    I agree, there are a few good cops out there, most of them have a attitude because of there badge.

not the badge.

look at it this way. lets say you get up in the morning, have coffee, shower dress ect. then you go to work KNOWING that 99.9% of the people you will encounter, are horrible, vile , rude, insulting and sometimes murderious scum. who will try to take your life from you instantly apon you speaking to them.

now imagine dealing with those people all day. getting called, a pig, pork, and hundreds of other names all day. you barely ever get thanked for risking your life but you still do it.

then add what they see, murders, rapes, abductions, assaults, corpses, brainmatter, guts, blood every day? that stuff never leaves you.

so take all that into account then think.........what mood would YOU be in lol

not all cops are good. but not all are Aholes because they have a badge, when you see an officer, remember that you have NO clue what call he just came from, what he just saw, what lifeless body he may have just held as it slipped away infront of him. if he got punched, shot at, chewed out. you may be on your way to walmart, and be in a great mood..........but if you had his job, you may be a little corse as well ;-)
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Also, that cop doesn't really keep his cool. Listen to his tone of voice as he tells the driver to read the something on the front and the back, and about the deadline for responding to the summons.
    True, but we're grading on a curve in 2011 Amerika, lol. Once the driver snatched the papers from the officer, many cops would have tazed and arrested him for assaulting a police officer.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

The cop should have given the guy a ticket for disturbing the peace for that voice. Seriously that guy was almost as bad as Fran Drescher...lol

Back to the topic. I thought the cop was okay. Yes, he tormented the guy a little bit but the driver brought it on himself.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    The cop should have given the guy a ticket for disturbing the peace for that voice.

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    to correct you. that is MAINE STATE POLICE OFFICER MURRY ;-) he works troop A in waterboro maine. and he is a very nice guy. wife and kids.

c'mon now. if he was georgia he would have an accent :-p
    correction understood... I thought he was from Georgia because the color of his uniform, I didn't really pay that much attention...
    But anyways, Maine is extremely lucky to have such a Officer on the force. Good man.
    Last edited by mach1chris; 07-21-2011 at 12:00 AM.

Ok so the tax collector did not have a "roid rage" incident what is so extrordinary about that.

If you have a disagreement at the DMV, do you comend the DMV lady for not pulling out a tazer and putting a boot on your throat?

I can see by the video that this fellow has been paying his taxes to the King. Registration, drivers license, fuel taxes, Etc. our country was built on people being pissed off over taxation.

Why is it, the Boston tea party participants are patriots, and this weary taxpayer is a jerk?

I actually think that this mans behavior is very American like (despite his accent) and sets him apart from the rest of the "managed livestock" that are the norm.

Can anyone point out where the victim is in this crime?

I don't recall anyone on this site ever saying they were.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    not the badge.

look at it this way. lets say you get up in the morning, have coffee, shower dress ect. then you go to work KNOWING that 99.9% of the people you will encounter, are horrible, vile , rude, insulting and sometimes murderious scum. who will try to take your life from you instantly apon you speaking to them.

now imagine dealing with those people all day. getting called, a pig, pork, and hundreds of other names all day. you barely ever get thanked for risking your life but you still do it.

then add what they see, murders, rapes, abductions, assaults, corpses, brainmatter, guts, blood every day? that stuff never leaves you.

so take all that into account then think.........what mood would YOU be in lol

not all cops are good. but not all are Aholes because they have a badge, when you see an officer, remember that you have NO clue what call he just came from, what he just saw, what lifeless body he may have just held as it slipped away infront of him. if he got punched, shot at, chewed out. you may be on your way to walmart, and be in a great mood..........but if you had his job, you may be a little corse as well ;-)
    99.9% is BS. The VAST majority of people they deal with are honest citizens generally in a traffic stop or some minor violation. The VAST majority of cops never unholster their weapon, see a murder or corpse or any kind. If they can't handle the stress, quit and go work at Dairy Queen. No one held a gun to their head to become a cop.

But, funny video. Thanx for posting.
    Last edited by Gunslinger; 07-21-2011 at 01:34 PM.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Good cop? Oxymoron...

Quote Originally Posted by Wetworx View Post
    Good cop? Oxymoron...
    I don't know. I don't believe the law can morally do anything we can't do as individuals. For example, taxation is nothing but theft. Cops perform certain tasks that are necessary, such as enforcing property rights. So in that sense there can be a good cop. But if I were a cop, what would happen if I refused to write "speeding" tickets? A real speed limit, would be just that: the maximum speed which, under ideal conditions, a person could safely operate a vehicle. Anything less is robbing peoples' time. Instead of going 70 on I-75, I should be doing 100. Or what if I refused to enforce drug laws or "gun laws"? I guess I'd be fired? So in that sense, no, there can't be a good cop.

Here is an example of being doubly bad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP...layer_embedded
    Last edited by 77zach; 07-21-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Heres a good one too!http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fa5_1311231641

I don't know. I don't believe the law can morally do anything we can't do as individuals. For example, taxation is nothing but theft. Cops perform certain tasks that are necessary, such as enforcing property rights. So in that sense there can be a good cop. But if I were a cop, what would happen if I refused to write "speeding" tickets? A real speed limit, would be just that: the maximum speed which, under ideal conditions, a person could safely operate a vehicle. Anything less is robbing peoples' time. Instead of going 70 on I-75, I should be doing 100. Or what if I refused to enforce drug laws or "gun laws"? I guess I'd be fired? So in that sense, no, there can't be a good cop.

Maybe the officer's just recently got cheated on by his wife, before that night you never know. Its for sure that he was having a very bad night.
    He crossed the line many time's and the worst part is the way he treated the citizen. I don't care who you are, you treat people with the same respect given to you.

How in the hell was this cop only relieved of his duties? It seems to me that he should be criminally liable for some of the threats he made.

Don't forget that although some Officer's should not be Officer's, but their are those that are kind and that use common sense.
    I'd like to run into more of these Unicorns, instead of the other thing.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I'd like to run into more of these Unicorns, instead of the other thing.
    Im sure you already run into them or have in the past, but you run into one that give's you a hard time or says something to you and your just like **** all of them and their all bad.
    Last edited by mach1chris; 07-23-2011 at 10:03 AM.

Mach1Chris,

I have taught Criminal Justice in many of the local colleges in Miami. Many of my friends and colleagues are police officers, and I'm currently suing on behalf of an officer who has been wrongfully defamed, harassed, stalked, and even put through an IA investigation by a truly vile "jewel" of our society. At the gun shops where I hang out, I have learned more from cops about self-defense than you could ever learn as a soldier, or anywhere else.

Whenever I have an Intro, a Procedure, or a CJ Communications class, I tell the kids that they're about to learn Criminal Justice from the "other" perspective, that of the Criminal Defense Attorney. My officer friends often come in and tell the students: "hey, whatever you learn in his class, forget it by tomorrow because we're going to teach you the truth." Despite my love and affection for quite a few officers and CJ colleagues,
    I have personally experienced cases where officers:

1. Have written "20 small plants of marijuana, about one pound each" on the A-form, and then had the suspect charged with 154 pounds because the officers had just made a prior arrest and the arrestee "cooperated," so they had to pin the prior drugs on someone; no pictures were taken, no video was taken, and "permission" was obtained via duress and coercion. The evidence was then promptly destroyed, although a motion to preserve had been made. They somehow found another judge, another PD, and another ASA to acquiesce to their request to destroy, despite the prior motion.

2. Write that they found a baggie of cocaine "in plain view" when the baggie was inside the glove compartment, and the car (a pretty damn nice car) was subsequently torn up and destroyed by some pretty sharp knives.

3. Make an arrest upon a domestic violence VICTIM because she failed to give the officer back the pen in time, and when she did the pen grazed the officer's hand and fell to the floor (battery on a LEO, which as you know carries a min/man). She was 4'11"; he was 6'1". There were no "injuries" and no pictures.

4. Arrest a suspect for having a gun "in plain view," although the gun was "securely encased" and there were credible witnesses to attest to the fact inside the car; the zip-bag that the gun was in mysteriously disappeared; the intake vids, however, showed the officers carrying the gun in the zip bag.

5. Arrest a suspect for being .04, when the underlying charge was speeding (about 70 on a 55), not driving a car in a messed-up manner.

6. Tell a mother (also a DV victim) that if she did not give signed consent for them to enter, they would come back with the state and take her children away (although the victimizer was already long-gone, since it took them more than 40 minutes to get there after the call).

7. Arrest someone who had just returned from Afghanistan for exposure, although he was fully covered by the passenger's door and the only person who was witnessing as he was taking a leak by the side of the interstate was his wife (a conviction for that charge places you on the sexual predator list for life). This guy just came back from a war.

I can give you dozens of these: all of the above are my cases. Most have been dismissed; the rest have been acquitted at trial.

State officers have a bad reputation because of atrocities like these. It sucks, but officers have the same awful reputation as lawyers because there are more than just a few bad apples out there (in both professions). I hope to see you at the gun show today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo712 View Post
    Mach1Chris,

State officers have a bad reputation because of atrocities like these. It sucks, but officers have the same awful reputation as lawyers because there are more than just a few bad apples out there (in both professions). I hope to see you at the gun show today.
    And no one should argue that point. Cops come from the general population. There is a lot of scum in the world. There are a lot of terrible people who are bar tenders and doctors and engineers also. Further, the state is more unaccountable, has more perverse incentives, and will necessarily draw people who are eager to use that badge as leverage over others.

Im sure you already run into them or have in the past, but you run into one that give's you a hard time or says something to you and your just like **** all of them and their all bad.
    Absolutely untrue. Everyone is an individual. Yes, my experiences have biased me to be more cautios when dealing with a LEO, but I make no judgements until I have evidence of each individual. We all bleed red.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast