• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greenville Sucks, but it's better than Rocky Mount...

Dreamer

What the heck is going on up there?

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/Two_Shot_After_Answering_Knock_At_Door_125817013.html

First off, who opens their door at 10:30pm on a weeknight for someone they don't know? And what person in their right mind even goes to the door to answer a knock without some sort f self-defense tool at 10:30 at night?

Not blaming the victim, but these people had TERRIBLE situational awareness.

Either that, or they know the shooter, and there is something about this story that isn't being told by the media...

The whole thing doesn't pass the "sniff test"...

Carry24/7

Had a guy ringing my door bell one night about 11:00pm and driving my dogs nuts. I opened the door with my G27 in hand and he says "Oh...umm I think I have the wrong address." and was gone faster then I have ever seen. I grew up in the Washington DC metro area so I think I'm more cautious than most but some of the folks I've meet down here are way to trusting I think for their own good.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Thank goodness they weren't killed. I can't understand why they opened the door, but perhaps there is more to the story than the article is letting on. I personally am extremely cautious any time someone rings my doorbell (unless I am expecting them) regardless of the time of the day. I hope they catch this guy.

spiderjohn

What the heck is going on up there?

[

What the heck is going on down East? I know Asheville ain't the safest place but it seems once you get down in the Piedmont, it's another state. Like in NY or NJ. People just act more aggressive and such...maybe WNC should secede from the rest of NC. :)

Dreamer

What the heck is going on down East? I know Asheville ain't the safest place but it seems once you get down in the Piedmont, it's another state. Like in NY or NJ. People just act more aggressive and such...maybe WNC should secede from the rest of NC. :)

We are asking the same question.

9 shootings in Greenville in a 9 day period. Murders, muggings, B&Es, home invasions... It's like someone brought a caravan of tour buses down here from DC and Baltimore or something...

The violent crime rate Down East always goes up in July and August. In Greenville, violent crimes historically jump about 2-300% from May-July, then fall back off by the middle of September. You'd think there would actually be MORE crime when ECU was in session in the fall and spring, because of all the students walking around with phones, laptops, and daddy's money. But the truth is, the thugs seem to get MOST active and violent when the "pickins are slim" in the summer...

My theory that without all the college kids buying weed and other "recreational substances" from the local dealers in the summer, the thugs start to feel like they are going broke, and so they have to "go get some" by force, to keep the bling rolling...