• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Acceptance Still Spreading

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
In an article at Cato, Ilya Shapiro mentions open carry in an almost casual manner, as though its existence is common, everyday, and well understood in our society:
Of course, in DC, Chicago, and many other places — which, after the recent Supreme Court rulings, must allow guns to be kept at home — it’s still illegal to carry a gun (open or concealed). If the thugs Mr. LaSalvia ran into knew the local gun regulations (as many professional criminals do) and accurately gauged their target as a law-abiding citizen, they would have known that he was bluffing.

The article is titled Even Imaginary Guns Save Lives. Note the spin on the Guns Save Lives slogan and orange stickers. http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/even-imaginary-guns-save-lives/

Cato, while freedom oriented, is not a 2A organization.

I wonder if John and Mike realized how far we would get in a few short years. What is it? Just over five years, now?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
It's good to see that OC is becoming more accepted and that we continue to get closer to reaching the goal. Unfortunately, too many people are not able to open carry, or even carry at all. So we all need to keeping working on it and stay vigilant.

Last edited: