Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Madison OC lawsuit filed in Federal Court

Second Madison OC lawsuit filed in Federal Court

Five men who wore holstered firearms at a Madison restaurant last fall filed suit in federal court Tuesday, alleging police violated their constitutional right against unlawful searches and seizure.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...cc4c03286.html
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Founder's Club Member
    Great!

Even better: Five men wore holstered firearms to file suit in federal court Tuesday, alleging police violated their constitutional right against unlawful searches and seizure last Fall in Madison. Actually, their unarmed lawyer filed the suit . They just stood outside looking very annoyed.

It's a shame the bullheaded Madison PD didn't de-escalate when they had the chance, now its going to cost them. Dummies.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Hope they get a nice pay day for their troubles. This whole situation has been a mess from the very beginning when they started switching charges around.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Hope they get a nice pay day for their troubles. This whole situation has been a mess from the very beginning when they started switching charges around.
    I hope they get a bundle, some to invest and save, some to take family out to eat, purchase spouce some diamonds, and of course a new gun!!!!!
    The way that you wander is the way that you choose,
    The day that you tarry, is the day that you lose!

awesome
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

How many dancing monkeys & bananas can I use before John gets annoyed with me?

(And why does the banana have 2 : while the monkey only has one?)
    [Answered that question: "You have included a total of 11 images and/or videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 10."]

Good to finally see this happen.
    I don't see how MadPD can defend its actions, but they say they'll waste tax money trying.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Great!

Even better: Five men wore holstered firearms to file suit in federal court Tuesday, alleging police violated their constitutional right against unlawful searches and seizure last Fall in Madison. Actually, their unarmed lawyer filed the suit . They just stood outside looking very annoyed.
    LOL! The cool thing is the lawyer actually filed the suit from the comfort of his office in VA. The courts nowadays do everything electronically.

I am interested in seeing Madistan Police Chief, Nob Wray's face.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    LOL! The cool thing is the lawyer actually filed the suit from the comfort of his office in VA. The courts nowadays do everything electronically.

Last edited by protias; 07-20-2011 at 07:13 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll3uipTO-4A

as taken from the song:

people cant even walk the streets, because they'll never know who in the world they're gonna meet

people dont care who they hurt or beat
    Last edited by McX; 07-20-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoicarry View Post
    and of course a new gun!!!!!
    WOOHOO!!!! 1911's for everyone!!!!
    A criminal can have a gun, so why can't I?

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Maassen View Post
    Too easy. Lotsa 1911's out there.

Make 'em buy ya something hard-to-find and hard-hitting. Say, a Smith & Wesson Model 66 (K-frame .357 Mag.) with a 3" barrel. Or, maybe an old Colt Python in excellent condition.

Last edited by Citizen; 07-20-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Maassen View Post
    McX's ears just perked up.

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    McX's ears just perked up.
    beautiful machines, but i am divesting of the .45's after the Chromie experience, and will be seeking the company of a 10mm. woofius maximus.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    beautiful machines, but i am divesting of the .45's after the Chromie experience, and will be seeking the company of a 10mm. woofius maximus.
    Don't give up on the .45ACP after a single experience. Mine work just fine.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Don't give up on the .45ACP after a single experience. Mine work just fine.
    show me REAL STEEL, no plastic accepted, other than the grips, no plastic knobs, levers, nothing! All real metal, or not at all. plus .45 is just too slow, and doesnt have the reach a 10mm would. and i can get a 10mm that looks like a regular .45

i may have some boxes of .45 ammo for sale once i get a 10, something tells me once i go 10 i will never go back.

10mm is an excellent round. But it is expensive, and you won't find it on any Wally World ammo shelf that I've ever seen. So, just know what you're getting into! Very accurate too, my G20 shoots exactly where I aim it and will punch through the same hole again and again when I'm on my game. In terms of muzzle energy it picks up where a .45 +P lets off. So if you don't mind the ammo expense and have a good source for it, then go for it!

I think my next gun will be a .45. Got rid of the one I have, but still have a lot of ammo taking up space. That's my excuse... I can't let ammo get old. Thinking of the G21 so I won't need a new holster or mag pouch.
    A. Gold

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    10mm is an excellent round. But it is expensive, and you won't find it on any Wally World ammo shelf that I've ever seen. So, just know what you're getting into! Very accurate too, my G20 shoots exactly where I aim it and will punch through the same hole again and again when I'm on my game. In terms of muzzle energy it picks up where a .45 +P lets off. So if you don't mind the ammo expense and have a good source for it, then go for it!

I think my next gun will be a .45. Got rid of the one I have, but still have a lot of ammo taking up space. That's my excuse... I can't let ammo get old. Thinking of the G21 so I won't need a new holster or mag pouch.
    G20, is that a glock? i'm not concerned about cost (when the time comes), and for an ammo source i will consult you. if your wantin a .45 i got a Chromie you can have, kinda broken at the moment, looking for the bottom of a lake bed to reside on mostly.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    .... i got a Chromie you can have, kinda broken at the moment, looking for the bottom of a lake bed to reside on mostly.
    I didn't hear the story; what happened?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

G20, is that a glock?
    It is.

Maybe this will whet your appetite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIne0...eature=related
    A. Gold

Quote Originally Posted by McX
    show me REAL STEEL, no plastic accepted
    Ah, then my favorites are safe from you.

.45 is just too slow, and doesnt have the reach a 10mm would.
    Ya don't need to 'reach' much more than 10 or 15 yards w/ a pistol, at least for self-defense.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Ah, then my favorites are safe from you.

Ya don't need to 'reach' much more than 10 or 15 yards w/ a pistol, at least for self-defense.
    True, but once you can RELIABLY hit a 10-12 inch target at 80 yards then 5-7 yards into a 3x5 inch card will not be ANY challenge at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    True, but once you can RELIABLY hit a 10-12 inch target at 80 yards then 5-7 yards into a 3x5 inch card will not be ANY challenge at all.
    I can with my 1911 *shrugs*

YMMV

McX
    Shotgun; i watched the video, that's what i like, good distance, controllable, no more recoil apparent than a .45, i just dont like glocks though, no hammer.

MKE: i like the guarentee a long reach firearm has, if i am being attacked at a distance by a criminal who's rounds are falling short of me, i want to reach out and touch him, before he advances to within range of me with his gun. i have pledged to myself i will never be outgunned. i fired disruptor at the range last weekend, and as far as i can tell, the rounds are still orbiting the earth at this time (heh-heh).

Dave, i'll PM you today.

Shotgun; i watched the video, that's what i like, good distance, controllable, no more recoil apparent than a .45, i just dont like glocks though, no hammer.

MKE: i like the guarentee a long reach firearm has, if i am being attacked at a distance by a criminal who's rounds are falling short of me, i want to reach out and touch him, before he advances to within range of me with his gun. i have pledged to myself i will never be outgunned. i fired disruptor at the range last weekend, and as far as i can tell, the rounds are still orbiting the earth at this time (heh-heh).

Dave, i'll PM you today.
    You need a .454 Casull then.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast