• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Enough with historical revisionism.

Beretta92FSLady

People like you remind me of a story I heard in which a woman refused to believe her husband was cheating. Once she was finally shown photographs of him in a car with her "friend" commiting adultery behind a bar, she not only got mad at the person who presented the evidence, but insisted the fault was with her "friend" for seducing her husband.

Barack Obama is a complete incompetent disaster. The democrat party has led the way to the near bankrupting of the world's most properous nation. Now when their opponents are making half assed attempts to reign in the spending people like you are more than happy to do as you're programmed and blame everyone else, and thwart the attempts of those trying to undo the damage.

Wrought with false premises. I don't know where to start. I am getting the send that you are not interested in a discussion because the sh*t you are slinging feels too good in your hand.

And you started a thread about so-called Revisionists - as if your vast generalizations represent the world in which we all operate, and are subject to. A bunch a rhetoric tarnishes your posts, and it's unfortunate. I expected more.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Wrought with false premises. I don't know where to start. I am getting the send that you are not interested in a discussion because the sh*t you are slinging feels too good in your hand.

And you started a thread about so-called Revisionists - as if your vast generalizations represent the world in which we all operate, and are subject to. A bunch a rhetoric tarnishes your posts, and it's unfortunate. I expected more.

"Wrought with false premises." Point out ONE, Please!! My ego is getting way too emboldened here. You "don't know where to start"? Sorry to disrupt your program with facts, but you are right that I'm not interested in a "discussion", since the crap that dried up a long time ago between your fingers blaming Bush for every death in the world obviously isn't based on reality.

Thanks for whining about my "vast generalizations"
as if the moonbat fringe you cling too don't generally fit into certain core constituencies that only care about themselves, but work with each other to compromise any political group that you're told is you're "enemy". You must be comfortable mindlessly watching MSNBC as if anything that failing joke of a "news" network regurgitates is anything but moonbat drivel. You obviously already know better than to attempt to defend that idiocy here since you actually have a slight shred of credibility as a moonbat who wants to keep her guns from the messiah. Even though I've never seen you discuss anything related to the fuction or carry of weapons, but you're sure on top of any post to defend the moonbat messiah.

I'm going to enjoy that beer if you actually stand by your word.

frommycolddeadhands

Are we really still talking about Bush?

George W. Bush has been out of office for YEARS now, and yet he still gets brought into damn near every political conversation that is focusing on the present and future.

Yes, I understand there was a deficit when he left office. I'll even lend an ear and listen to the correlation between his policies and our current economic woes, but the fact is that he's GONE. He's been gone for a while. Obama is in office, and has been for quite some time. How many years is it going to take before we actually start looking at how HIS policies have effected the country?

Bailouts? Cash for clunkers? Obamacare? Stimulus packages?

Oh, wait, somehow all of those things were Bush's fault too. And because he left office with a few billion in the red, somehow he's also responsible for the Trillions of dollars spent since he left, as well as everything that's happened since.

I don't care what the former president did. The current president is the one who is responsible for what happens now.

Hopefully there will be a somewhat decent candidate up this time around, so far none of the politicians from either side of the isle are striking me with any sort of confidence about our future.

Beretta92FSLady

"Wrought with false premises." Point out ONE, Please!! My ego is getting way too emboldened here. You "don't know where to start"? Sorry to disrupt your program with facts, but you are right that I'm not interested in a "discussion", since the crap that dried up a long time ago between your fingers blaming Bush for every death in the world obviously isn't based on reality.

Thanks for whining about my "vast generalizations"
as if the moonbat fringe you cling too don't generally fit into certain core constituencies that only care about themselves, but work with each other to compromise any political group that you're told is you're "enemy". You must be comfortable mindlessly watching MSNBC as if anything that failing joke of a "news" network regurgitates is anything but moonbat drivel. You obviously already know better than to attempt to defend that idiocy here since you actually have a slight shred of credibility as a moonbat who wants to keep her guns from the messiah. Even though I've never seen you discuss anything related to the fuction or carry of weapons, but you're sure on top of any post to defend the moonbat messiah.

I'm going to enjoy that beer if you actually stand by your word.

"The democrat party has led the way to the near bankrupting of the world's most properous nation." Let's see here your premise is that Democrats led the way. Interesting since Bush was in office when we had a complete collapse of our financial system. There is one example for you.

Once again, in your response, you descend into political rhetoric. You must have a stomach full of ulcers, considering your tone, and your obvious hatred for Democrats. You are going to have ten times more ulcers when President Obama wins his second term, and Republican lose the House. And I am going to have a beer.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
"The democrat party has led the way to the near bankrupting of the world's most properous nation." Let's see here your premise is that Democrats led the way. Interesting since Bush was in office when we had a complete collapse of our financial system. There is one example for you.

Once again, in your response, you descend into political rhetoric. You must have a stomach full of ulcers, considering your tone, and your obvious hatred for Democrats. You are going to have ten times more ulcers when President Obama wins his second term, and Republican lose the House. And I am going to have a beer.

Everyone who's made a critical analysis of the "complete collapse" (which it was not a complete collapse by any stretch) of the financial sector should be willing too acknowledge that it was the government pushing lenders to make sub prime loans under the Community Reinvestment Act. A democrat disaster, that Bush attempted to address but was rebuked by Barney Frank who enjoyed a relationship with Franklin Raines the CEO of Fannie Mae which ended up getting BILLIONS in bailouts. Bush just happened to be in the WH when it happened. If you have ANY information that leads a rational person to conclude this was Bush's fault, I'd LOVE TO SEE IT.

http://www.senseoncents.com/tag/fannie-mae-franklin-raines-barney-frank-relationship/

I don't hate democrats. I hate idiots. It just so happens a lot of democrats are idiots. With the moonbat messiah continuing to slide in the polls, I'm confident that whomever the republican nominee is, they'll beat him worse than Reagan did Carter in 1980. Obozo has the distinction of actually being a bigger disaster than Mr Peanut.:D

OldCurlyWolf

It may well be one of the last you can afford to buy.

BTW, go back to about 1916 and come forward in history. Check the entitlement put in place, who put them there and the who robbed the trust funds set up. You will NOT like what you find. Hint, It wasn't republicans.

:cool:

MITCH

Looks like having either a Democrat-controlled or split-controlled Congress is hazardous to our nation's fiscal health!

Do you have that available in a larger graphic? May I copy and use it elsewhere, such as on Facebook? Some of my friends keep chanting the "Republicans are spending all our money" mantra and I'd like to refer to it, often, as in every time I read such vacant remarks.

Thanks in advance.

Double click the graph to enlarge it.

okboomer

BTW, go back to about 1916 and come forward in history. Check the entitlement put in place, who put them there and the who robbed the trust funds set up. You will NOT like what you find. Hint, It wasn't republicans.

:cool:

Amen!

Another shining example of the Federal-run education system ... all fluff and no substance in the classroom.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
I'm just going to post my usual: "RepubliCRATS and DemoREPUBS suck!" and throw up a link: http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/08/bush-20-100-ways-barack-obama-is-just.html
Then I'm going to run away. :p

While PFW is right that Obama is worse, Bush was almost as bad.

The historical revisionism is saying that either party has been any good for years. Republican vs. Democrat is just a strawman to smack around while we continue our path to serfdom.

Crap, I said I was going to run.... L8R