Thread: Wixom Anti-firearm law?

Wixom Anti-firearm law?

I dug this up earlier today:

http://library1.municode.com/default...ction=whatsnew

12.12.070 Firearms, weapons, tools.
    It is unlawful for any person to bring into or have in his possession in any park or recreation area:
    A. Any pistol or revolver or objects upon which loaded or blank cartridges may be used. Official starters, at authorized track and field events, are excepted from this restriction;
    B. Any burglar tools;
    C. Any rifle, shotgun, BB gun, air gun, spring gun, slingshot, bow, or other weapon in which propelling force is gunpowder, a spring, string, or air.

I've not heard of this being enforced, however...
    Last edited by Greyh Seer; 07-21-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyh Seer View Post
    I dug this up earlier today: http://library1.municode.com/default...ction=whatsnew I've not heard of this being enforced, however...
    I am of the opinion that any law... and an ordinance is a law... that is on the books is being passively enforced simply by being officially "on the books". After all, anyone who reads the ordinances and sees the anti gun one has just been officially told that guns are banned according to that ordinance. Hence if an ordinance is on the books just by being on the books it is being passively enforced. And since it is being enforced... even if just passively... it violates MCL 123.1102.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Wixom Codified Ordinances 12.12.070(A) and 12.12.070(C) are Illegal and Unenforceable, in Accordance with Michigan Codified Law 123.1102.

However, Wixom can Continue to Enforce 12.12.070(B) of that Ordinance, as it is Consistent with Michigan Codified Law 750.116 of Chapter XVI of Act 328 of 1931.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Venator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    I am of the opinion that any law... and an ordinance is a law... that is on the books is being passively enforced simply by being officially "on the books". After all, anyone who reads the ordinances and sees the anti gun one has just been officially told that guns are banned according to that ordinance. Hence if an ordinance is on the books just by being on the books it is being passively enforced. And since it is being enforced... even if just passively... it violates MCL 123.1102.
    Active and passive enforcement, both bad. I believe active is worse and more actionable.
    An Amazon best seller "MY PARENTS OPEN CARRY" http://www.myparentsopencarry.com/

*The information contained above is not meant to be legal advice, but is solely intended as a starting point for further research. These are my opinions, if you have further questions it is advisable to seek out an attorney that is well versed in firearm law.

OK...I'm game. Who wants to have a nice cook out at the local park in Wixom? EG
    Only two have offered their lives for you. A Soldier and Jesus....

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDog View Post
    I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by aadvark View Post
    Wixom Codified Ordinances 12.12.070(A) and 12.12.070(C) are Illegal and Unenforceable, in Accordance with Michigan Codified Law 123.1102.

However, Wixom can Continue to Enforce 12.12.070(B) of that Ordinance, as it is Consistent with Michigan Codified Law 750.116 of Chapter XVI of Act 328 of 1931.
    arent you from georgia?
    -NRA Member, GSSF Member, GeorgiaCarry Member, Glock Certified Armorer, Glock 30SF, STI Elektra, M&P9c, NAA Black Widow .22 WMR
    -“I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.”—Mahatma Ghandhi

I OC at the Meijer's in Wixom often, never had any issues there.

RabbiVJ:

Yes I am from Georgia, but I am Visiting Michigan now.

aadvark

*** P.S.: Michigan is a LOVELY State! ***
    Last edited by aadvark; 08-06-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SlowDog View Post
    Sounds good!