• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Police fatally shoot armed man in Centreville

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Thus the establishment of the Thin Blue Line, backed by the "Haves", to separate and protect them from the "Have Nots". A secondary benefit of this "Social Divide" is that it allows the "Haves" to further their ambitions to move (claw their way?) up the food/social chain with less worry that they will be prey for the "Have Nots". The "Have Nots" are left to fend for themselves.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: LEO bashing

2a4all

Thus the establishment of the Thin Blue Line, backed by the "Haves", to separate and protect them from the "Have Nots". A secondary benefit of this "Social Divide" is that it allows the "Haves" to further their ambitions to move (claw their way?) up the food/social chain with less worry that they will be prey for the "Have Nots". The "Have Nots" are left to fend for themselves.

More often, the shooters/ees are both on the "Have Not" side of the "Thin Blue Line". When cops shoot in defense of others, it's rarely at someone on the "Have" side.

keymo

Actually, the fellow was a DoD police officer assigned to a Navy installation in DC. I know this as I attended the funeral last Tuesday.

Last edited: