• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can i legally open carry?

thundermonty

I am 15 years old and live in missouri. I see that on the age map this site offers, that in MO there is no age limit to open carry. So can i? or is there some federal crap i have to worry about? thanks.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
My son (14) can't OC, but when we go to the range he can rip it up with my supervision an AK-47, 9mm carbine, .22 rifle, 12 ga shotgun, and my 9mm pistol. If you are mature and with a parent/guardian you should learn to shoot if you desire. In WA I know 14 year olds can go hunting alone. (not in total agreement, another topic)The OC maps say there is no age limit in MO for OC, but I hope there is some parental decision/discussion involved.

hermannr

My son (14) can't OC, but when we go to the range he can rip it up with my supervision an AK-47, 9mm carbine, .22 rifle, 12 ga shotgun, and my 9mm pistol. If you are mature and with a parent/guardian you should learn to shoot if you desire. In WA I know 14 year olds can go hunting alone. (not in total agreement, another topic)The OC maps say there is no age limit in MO for OC, but I hope there is some parental decision/discussion involved.

An old retired guy in defence of 14 year olds hunting....you will never see a 14 year old drunk while he is hunting like you will some 41 year olds..