• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Video: Police officer threatens concealed-carry driver with execution, beating; Updat

papa bear

this video was a class room example of what the "drug of power can induce. much like an upper or PCP. it seems to make the abuser think they are invincible. as far as him snagging a position some where else, one of the things about the internet is that any future employer is going to do a search and this video will come up. hopefully it will have an effect

Now, another thing this video is going to teach people is how not to react when confronted by CLEO. he was saying too much of the wrong thing. i know he was scared and by how the C LEO acted afterward, i understand. it must be how all C-LE in the area are

IMO, "must notify law" is definitely a violation of constitutional rights, how do you how the right to remain silent if you are, by law, forced to talk. lets say you accidentally go into a prohibited area. and are addressed by civilian law officer. if you tell them you have a firearm, you are incriminating yourself. definitely a breach of the 5thA

riverrat10k

Nice arguement, there, papa bear. You definitely have the right not to self-incriminate. Hmmmm.

I know you have a notify if pulled law in NC. We do not in VA.

Last edited:

Kirbinator

There is an angry man in that video. I would be in fear for my life.

When I am around angry people and I fear for my life, I start looking for ways out. My last resort is my pistol.

He just made the case for a self-defense shooting against a police officer.

sudden valley gunner

KCSO circulates Ohio police dash cam video as tempers stay hot

American gun owner tempers are still hot over a disturbing police dash-cam video released last week showing a profanity-laced encounter between a Canton, OH police officer and an armed citizen, and the King County Sheriff’s Office has forward the video to all of its employees…probably as an advisory on how not to handle this kind of situation.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-...hio-police-dash-cam-video-as-tempers-stay-hot

Is that Urquhart? The guy that said stopping OC'ers is justified? Or something to that effect has been sometime, hopefully he has realigned his thoughts with the constitution and our natural rights.

fjpro2a

Need to know the outcome

We should start a thread notifying us of the outcome of ALL leo encounters similar to this. I never seem to know the outcome of any of these. For instance, does anyone know the outcome of the incident that took place in Jan or Feb of 2010 in California concerning LEO Rod Tuason?

papa bear

Nice argument, there, papa bear. You definitely have the right not to self-incriminate. Hmmmm.

I know you have a notify if pulled law in NC. We do not in VA.

can't take credit for the self-incriminating idea, JAG06 posed that one .

yeah that is another thing i like about VA gun-law and another why i like open carry. it seems any where you have wussy legislators you get this stupid law. NC do seem to stay behind VA, maybe some day soon they will catch up

jbone

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought an officer was required to read someone their rights before questioning them in cuffs in the back of a cruiser....

I wondered that also, the raging COP just grilled (more like badgered) the guy and the guy keep answering, too bad there. In the no one getting hurt category, I’m thinking out of all the videos posted I’ve never seen an officer more belligerent and out of control, I think his rage had him close to harming.

More of the story here.
http://www.cantonrep.com/carousel/x...er-investigation-after-concealed-carry-arrest

also see:
http://www.cantoncourt.org/criminal/index.html
type in Bartlett Willaim

Last edited:

sudden valley gunner

I wondered that also, the raging COP just grilled (more like badgered) the guy and the guy keep answering, too bad there. In the no one getting hurt category, I’m thinking out of all the videos posted I’ve never seen an officer more belligerent and out of control, I think his rage had him close to harming.

More of the story here.
http://www.cantonrep.com/carousel/x...er-investigation-after-concealed-carry-arrest

also see:
http://www.cantoncourt.org/criminal/index.html
type in Bartlett Willaim

This is a good point and I'd like to expand on it, that this is why many end up surrendering their 5thA right. If this guy decided to politely decline to answer, the cops actions showed he may very well have done harm to him.

BaconMan

The officer was way over the top and out of control on this one. He needs a few days to think about what he did and some training on dealing with people during traffic stops. :banghead:

eye95

The officer was way over the top and out of control on this one. He needs a few days to think about what he did and some training on dealing with people during traffic stops. :banghead:

Remove the context and substitute the context of two non-LEOs. Would training and suspension suffice? Or were the actions criminal? LEOs have the authority to do things that ordinary citizens do not--but only when that authority is specifically granted by the law. Once they step outside their described role, then their actions are not protected by their authority. They are just another citizen--one who is criminally liable for breaking the law.

ARADCOM

Retraining??

The officer was way over the top and out of control on this one. He needs a few days to think about what he did and some training on dealing with people during traffic stops. :

So you think he needs retraining? Tell you what, the next time you're out OC'ing and see a cop I want you to try this:

SCREAM at him, As soon as I saw your gun I should have took two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop. And I wouldn’t have lost any sleep. Do you understand me?”

Let me know where they send you for the retraining and how many years they send you for.

Gunslinger

He needs about 3-5 in OH State Prison for Criminal Threatening, Battery and Terrorist Activity. He is a pos who belongs in a cage, not carrying a gun.

Gunslinger

“We’re a very well-trained and well-rounded police department that has solid officers that can make good, solid decisions every day,”

Union Dirtbag hits the nail on the head. This must not have happened...

sudden valley gunner

So you think he needs retraining? Tell you what, the next time you're out OC'ing and see a cop I want you to try this:

SCREAM at him, As soon as I saw your gun I should have took two steps back, pulled my Glock 40 and just put 10 bullets in your ass and let you drop. And I wouldn’t have lost any sleep. Do you understand me?”

Let me know where they send you for the retraining and how many years they send you for.

+1 Especially since they are part of the "government" they are supposed to be constitutionally limited.

MKEgal

Large Caliber Kick said:
I thought an officer was required to read someone their rights before questioning them in cuffs in the back of a cruiser.
When I was arrested for OC 04JUL10, they didn't read me my rights until at least an hour had passed (from when they first illegally stopped me).
Already cuffed & stuffed,
taken to the PD,
fingerprinted, photographed, questioned...
then they read me my rights & questioned me some more.

The next nonconsensual encounter I had w/ LEO, I pretty much shut up.
Since their crimes against me are on audio, & I knew this time I had a good lawyer, I wasn't nervous.
Furious, but not nervous.

sudden valley gunner

When I was arrested for OC 04JUL10, they didn't read me my rights until at least an hour had passed (from when they first illegally stopped me).
Already cuffed & stuffed,
taken to the PD,
fingerprinted, photographed, questioned...
then they read me my rights & questioned me some more.

The next nonconsensual encounter I had w/ LEO, I pretty much shut up.
Since their crimes against me are on audio, & I knew this time I had a good lawyer, I wasn't nervous.
Furious, but not nervous.

Shutting up is the key. And it gets easier every encounter that comes. The what seems like a hurricane force of pressure to "cooperate" goes away when you win one, and you absolutely know you are in the right.

MKE we need to start a illegally arrested club......but I guess that means we would have to allow Eye in too......:p