Thread: Gun thread

McX

Gun thread

Someone mentioned that we needed to get a room, but threads get so specific, the conversation never gets to wander, and fun is limited, so i started this one, no topic, no central theme, just guns, just us. Just GO!

Pics and cheeseburgers welcome

i will start: Springfield stopped by the shop today, he was heartbroken that i would no longer persue his .45, in fact you are now all safe. but when my time comes, just as what i drive, here comes T-Rex!

* neat avitar huh? Like the lava lamp we got at the shop, well not so good, but.....
    Last edited by McX; 07-21-2011 at 10:24 PM.

Les Baer Custom Premier 2 with 1.5'' at 50 yard guarantee. Additional enhancements performed by John Harrison of Harrison Design.
    Last edited by oak1971; 07-21-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    they will never catch on.

i heard tell of a 1911 that you can convert back and forth, with parts that are undoubtedly pricey (i aint payin, just a sayin). you can go .40 .45. 10mm all on the same platform. if it's available in REAL STEEL i would love a link. something just to save so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    they will never catch on.

i heard tell of a 1911 that you can convert back and forth, with parts that are undoubtedly pricey (i aint payin, just a sayin). you can go .40 .45. 10mm all on the same platform. if it's available in REAL STEEL i would love a link. something just to save so to speak.
    A smith could fit a 9mm, 38 special, .40 cal, 10mm and 45 acp barrel all to one gun. Just swap barrels and mags.

Dana Wesson Valor with fitted barrel bushing and oversize recoil spring plug.

America! **** YAH!

"Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I'm in...Kimber Custom Covert ll & Gladius Maximis

Attachment 6423
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 07-21-2011 at 11:08 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Once the .45 becomes old hat, where do you go?

Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

You guys are all calling your guns by the wrong name. Please follow the official guide below. You all have Glocks, nothing special.

Attachment 6424
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    America! **** YAH!

Are those water balloons...and who's the imposter in the middle???
    Bale da Hay

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Once the .45 becomes old hat, where do you go?

Do you shoot it; or plot its OTH trajectory...Damn; where do I get one???
    Bale da Hay

I like America **** Yeah

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-07-22 00.26.18.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	90.1 KB 
ID:	6425
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

Pics and cheeseburgers welcome

Just for you boss......

Name:	worlds_largest_burger.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	6426
    A criminal can have a gun, so why can't I?

Member - Wisconsin Carry, Inc. http://www.wisconsincarry.org
    Member of West Bend Barton Sportsman's Club - http://www.wbbsc.com

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    A smith could fit a 9mm, 38 special, .40 cal, 10mm and 45 acp barrel all to one gun. Just swap barrels and mags.
    tell me more; what model? pics? now this is something i would be interested in greatly!

Springfield 1911 Multi Caliber

tell me more; what model? pics? now this is something i would be interested in greatly!
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/22829799/S...al-Custom-1911

9mm, .40/10mm, and .45 ACP. Yeah, I'd buy one if I could talk the wife into it. She just "thinks" she wants a new car......

Thumbs up My Large Caliber Pistol....Lone Eagle In 30-06

Here is my largest caliber pistol: A Lone Eagle In 30-06 purchased way back in the middle 90's. It is very manageable and fun to shoot!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	30-06 Lone Eagle Pistol.jpeg 
Views:	186 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	6427  
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

On a side note, yesterday I FINALLY found a Viridian C5 laser sight and holster for my Taurus. Found tons of laser sights, found tons of holsters, but I just couldn't find a combo that was compatible with each other in a SERPA config

Name:	IMG_20110723_042720.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	6438Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20110723_042737.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	6439

Took it out to the range yesterday, and was super impressed with it. Even in broad daylight, no problem at 25 yards! Hooray!!!!

I sure wish I still had the spare money to spend on nice firearm stuff. As it is, remodeling a kitchen and a bathroom at the same time is mega expensive.

My pistol is plastic for the most part (Glock 21) and my wife's revolver is a Taurus 650CIA in .357mag, deep blue finish. It's actually a really nice little shooter, especially with .38 special target rounds. I've been able to knock over bowling pins at the gravel pit at a distance of 30' with consistency, even with the 2" barrel.

Last year for my birthday my wife got me an LED combat light with a squeeze switch routed to the hand grip, all mounted on a picatinny rail for our home-defense shotgun, which is a Mossberg 500 persuader with rear pistol grip, collapsible butt stock and a 6 shell side saddle on the receiver, all in flat black plus a mean looking heat shield over its 18" barrel. I know the forum is dedicated to open carry of handguns, but our shotgun is a real sweet piece and I wanted to share.

On a light bragging note, we do have one gun in our safe that is kind of a treasure for people of our limited income: A Browning BPS fieldmaster 12-gauge with 26" barrel, full set of chokes and fancy flame-figured walnut woodwork. NIB, never been fired and never will be fired. I take it out twice a year to clean and re-oil the metal bits, then rub some lemon oil into the wood. We plan on passing it down as a family heirloom, and someday it should be a real treasure.
    Last edited by bluehighways; 07-23-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is often difficult to verify their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

My out of the box, standard Glock 34 9mm. Will nail an 8" paper plate at 100 yards every shot...
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    My out of the box, standard Glock 34 9mm. Will nail an 8" paper plate at 100 yards every shot...
    You use a Glock? What?!?!? People still use those things? I am completely joking, of course.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    You use a Glock? What?!?!? People still use those things? I am completely joking, of course.
    ha ha ha ha ha ha
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Still tryin' to work out a holster for it...

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Still tryin' to work out a holster for it...

that might fall into a long gun category man would it be fun to blast a few hundred rounds about 4.7 seconds worth from that i have always loved minis
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting