• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

the maps

kardar2

Hello All,
I am new to this site and looking at the maps page is wrong! I live in Ca. and the map in the open carry is right only when you are out in rural areas but on your restaurant page it shows you can OC and you can't . Karl

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Welcome to OCDO!!!! Stick around and you will learn a lot. I have found the maps to be very accurate. Do you have a cite to support what you are saying?

Last edited:

tim12232

Hello All,
I am new to this site and looking at the maps page is wrong! I live in Ca. and the map in the open carry is right only when you are out in rural areas but on your restaurant page it shows you can OC and you can't . Karl

Having recently moved out of the People Republic of California, I can assure you it is 100 percent legal to OC in the state, "at least San Diego and SD county" unless something changed in the last 32 days! HOWEVER you may only OC as long as the gun is not loaded, none in the pipe "chamber" and no magazine in it, the magazine can be loaded in a separate holster on you or you may have speed loaders as well. I have forgotten what you are to say almost verbatim when approached but I have done it with others down there a couple of times, and yes we were approached our weapons were checked and we went on with our lunch.

post where you found the misinformation and someone will get it corrected if need be!

Welcome

Tim

Last edited: