• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Which one of you is "Jeremy" in Oceanslime?

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Well, that's the best police encounter I have seen or read all week considering what's going on in Maine and Ohio. Citizen and cop both handled themselves well. Thanks for the encouragement :)

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Our good friend IYAOYAS posted this a while back: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ide-new-Video-from-TODAY!&highlight=oceanside

Yesterday this video was on the front page of reddit for a while, so it got a lot of exposure. There were a lot of people saying how IYAOYAS was being rude and other things, but obviously those were comments coming from people not exercising their right to bear arms in one of the most hostile states to the practice.

Decoligny

Officer Lyons did try to lie to Jeremy when he first asked his last name.
Jeremy responded something like "I'm not required to give you that information".
Officer Lyons replied "You don't have to give me an ID, but you do have to identify yourself."
Jeremy stuck to his response, and Officer Lyons knew he couldn't BS the info out of him.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Yes, this was better than some, BUT IT WAS NOT AS GOOD AS IT COULD HAVE BEEN!

I quit watching/listening after the officer said he was going to keep the firearm for a little while while he was checking out the individual WHO WAS FOLLOWING THE LAW. If this happened in California, which I think it did, then the officer exceeded what was allowed by 12031(e) which is simply a loaded/unloaded check--- no serial number checking, to ID checking of the carrier.... Simply a 30 sec or less NON-Consensual encounter that the Calif. law ALLOWS but does not require.

BTW, I firmly believe even the simple (e) check without going any further by the officer is a violation of our constitutional rights to be free of UNREASONABLE SEARCHES OR SEIZURES of our property, persons, and papers!