• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best holster for best Concealment

NeverAgain

I have been looking at a Pancake Holster and a Check Six and have been wondering which will leave less of a print. I live in Mississippi and they look for those things too. I have a IWB but I would like an Outside carry for more comfort with best concealment. I would love all the feedback I can get. Since I am ordering it her's some specs so you will have an idea of the size of my XD and which size holster to get. From the look of the Check Six it looks like the way to go.
Thanks

Specs for my Sprinfield Armory XD 45 ACP.
Barrel: 4" Steel,Melonite,Fully Supported Ramp
Overall Length of pistol: 7.3"
Overall Height: 5.75"

Daylen

I have been looking at a Pancake Holster and a Check Six and have been wondering which will leave less of a print. I live in Mississippi and they look for those things too. I have a IWB but I would like an Outside carry for more comfort with best concealment. I would love all the feedback I can get. Since I am ordering it her's some specs so you will have an idea of the size of my XD and which size holster to get. From the look of the Check Six it looks like the way to go.
Thanks

Specs for my Sprinfield Armory XD 45 ACP.
Barrel: 4" Steel,Melonite,Fully Supported Ramp
Overall Length of pistol: 7.3"
Overall Height: 5.75"

Who is they?
What are "those things"?

Last edited:

Daylen

They= LEO
Those= the print in which a weapon can be seen through your shirt

Get it now???

Maybe. Are you suggesting that MS has laws similar to other states where even printing is illegal? If so you would be wrong and I would challenge you to reread MS law. If you are concerned about being noticed in an area such as a school zone, well I'll not comment further and would hope you wouldn't either.

NeverAgain

I was not trying to mean it like you probably took it. I will reread the MS Law. I wasn't talking about school zones just mainly anywhere I want to carry. I understand my pistol is a larger weapon for concealing and just trying to find a OWB concealment type of holster but it looks like IWB will be the best way to go. I was wondering if anyone has tried a Pancake or Check Six because I like the angle they have for better draw. Sorry for any misunderstanding

bigun220

I carry my Ruger P89 in a Fobus Paddle Holster. Its much more comfortable than a IWB holster.

I wouldn't worry about printing here in MS. I only cover the grip of my P89 with a loose button up shirt and let the rest be exposed. No one really seems to notice or care.

Daylen

I was not trying to mean it like you probably took it. I will reread the MS Law. I wasn't talking about school zones just mainly anywhere I want to carry. I understand my pistol is a larger weapon for concealing and just trying to find a OWB concealment type of holster but it looks like IWB will be the best way to go. I was wondering if anyone has tried a Pancake or Check Six because I like the angle they have for better draw. Sorry for any misunderstanding

No problem, don't forget to read the MS constitution either! Its the key to understanding the law.

I use IWB when needed, but most of the time in south MS I OC for comfort. I can't get OWB concealment holsters to work for me

Badger Johnson

For me the 'best' holster has these features:

1. Easy to put on and take off (if on the belt);
2. Wide mouth, easy to re-holster;
3. Some kind of retention system;
4. Light, non-bulky;
5. Comfortable enough that it will be easy to EDC;
6. Adjustable for high ride, if desired;
7. Perfect 'fit', especially for HGs equipped with lights/lasers.

$.02

NeverAgain

I found one that fits that description but no light and laser I bought a new made light w/laser and can't find a holster anywhere. I bought the Protec Elite HP190 LS Nebo So I bought a clip holster with a rail to fit it so I would have it on me when I need it

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I know you said outside the waistband but I must mention galcos new king tuk holster which is iwb. This is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn, owb or iwb. And ur gun will absolutely disappear, and after about a week of wear, it has a lightning fast draw. At first I didn't think I'd like it, but now I have one for every gun I carry.. Try one, you will certainly not be dissapointed.

1Grizzly1

I like my Don Hume 721OT. It fits my gun just right and holds it high and tight to my body. I can conceal under a loose fitting T shirt.

DeputySheriff

Try the CrossBreed SuperTuck. I carry the same model handgun while off duty on mondays (different gun for every day of week;)) . As for printing, that is going to depend on your clothes especially with a full size handgun but because you have a permit, printing is a moot point.

Daylen

Try the CrossBreed SuperTuck. I carry the same model handgun while off duty on mondays (different gun for every day of week;)) . As for printing, that is going to depend on your clothes especially with a full size handgun but because you have a permit, printing is a moot point.

Careful, you're getting close to accessorizing :p

On the other hand no one is expected to wear the same shirt each day of the week.

Badger Johnson

There is nothing 'illegal' about printing but don't forget, if it's reported to a LEO or a LEO sees it then you're down for the proned out ID check with a possible death threat.

Though there is literally NO reason to stop an OC-er, there is every reason to stop and ID and serial number check a CC-er who prints so that it gets called in.

Think about it. Criminals CC. You have to have a permit to CC (unless Const. Carry). You have to show a picture ID if you show your CC and are carrying. And cops can go berserk on you if they like and still get away with it. You can be charged (wrongly) with all sorts of offenses which you have to fight in court. Getting out of them is not cheap.

So-o, IMO if you conceal be DARN sure you don't print or get spotted.

Daylen

There is nothing 'illegal' about printing but don't forget, if it's reported to a LEO or a LEO sees it then you're down for the proned out ID check with a possible death threat.

Though there is literally NO reason to stop an OC-er, there is every reason to stop and ID and serial number check a CC-er who prints so that it gets called in.

Think about it. Criminals CC. You have to have a permit to CC (unless Const. Carry). You have to show a picture ID if you show your CC and are carrying. And cops can go berserk on you if they like and still get away with it. You can be charged (wrongly) with all sorts of offenses which you have to fight in court. Getting out of them is not cheap.

So-o, IMO if you conceal be DARN sure you don't print or get spotted.

um, have you EVER been to MS? Its not as bad, by a long shot, as you make it out to be.

4angrybadgers

um, have you EVER been to MS? Its not as bad, by a long shot, as you make it out to be.
++

I know I print sometimes (5'11", 138#, CCing a double-stack pistol) and nobody's noticed or made a fuss. Even if it was reported, I'd expect a more polite check than being proned out with a gun against my skull. At the risk of perpetuating stereotypes... this is the South, this is Mississippi, in any crowd it's assumed a fair number of folks are armed.

NeverAgain

I know you said outside the waistband but I must mention galcos new king tuk holster which is iwb. This is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn, owb or iwb. And ur gun will absolutely disappear, and after about a week of wear, it has a lightning fast draw. At first I didn't think I'd like it, but now I have one for every gun I carry.. Try one, you will certainly not be dissapointed.

I checked this holster out and like the look of it and decided on getting one. One problem they don't make one for my pistol. I have an XD 45 ACP . I contacted the company and was told this. I am not planning on keeping the light w/laser on my gun all the time. If it comes down to it I will sell my light and buy one that they have a holster for. I found a holster maker that makes some that looks like the King Tuk. It's made by White Hat Holsters Called MaxTuck its IWB also. I do have a IWB leather holster I carried the last few days for a few hours and forgot it was even there I just don't like the draw on it. There's minimum if any draw.

NeverAgain

Sure I found it. Sorry so late answering, with all the Flame the Noobie replies, I only check in like twice a month. Check out
HTML:
www.whitehatholsters.com
or here
HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=white+hat+holsters&aq=0&oq=White+Hat+Holst

The Youtube is what sold me on them. They may look like just another KingTuk and there's another out there I forgot the name of it. Unlike the KingTuk where the Kydex is rivited on the MaxTuck there's no rivits. 6s stainless steel screws holds the Kydex on. Why screws? Main reason is that it keeps you from paying for your holster you pick out but you can change that Kydex to fit another gun you have. The Kydex pieces are around $24. I paid $90 for my holster. So here's mine. Springfield Armory .45 ACP just so no one says it looks like a Glock. This is the only brand I found that fits my gun. KingTuk didn't make them.

PICT1954.jpg

WhiteHatHolstersMaxTuck.jpg

Sorry for not putting up a pic of the back it will show you on the Youtube video. Everything he talks about on the video is true. A very comfortable holster and hides very good.

Last edited: