• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Table & The Puyallup Gun Show 7/30 - 7/31

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
........:banghead: never mind........

Same old arguments every month. Yet those who say the same things never come to the show. Never come to meets. Never do anything except start and argument that has been stated before. And they know it, yet they sit behind their computers and blah, blah, blah...

Again, as I challenged NavyLCDR, I will challenge others. Come to the show. If I have to pay your entry I will, get off your rear end and help promote gun rights.

jbone

SNIP...Come to the show. If I have to pay your entry I will,...

No need to pay his way, NavyLCDR only needs to bring a wig, I'll pass him of as my ole lady. :lol: Just kidding John.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Come up to Stanwood and help me move into my new house in time to make the gun show and I will!

However, I will ask one question, and this is serious.

Why is WAC not included in this list?:
http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?37817-Washington-Businesses-that-Ban-Guns

Is it because they allow guns, but only ban loaded guns that can be used for self protection? If there was a mom & pop restaurant that had a sign on the door that said, "All guns must be unloaded and checked by management prior to entering" would we put them on the list? Would everyone who goes to the WAC gunshows also dine in that restaurant that had the same conditions for entry?

Apples and oranges and you know it. False, strawman argument.

amzbrady

You remind me of what I saw this past Sat when leaving the Monroe show. I was dumbfounded, and ready to duck. My wife and I just left the building and were nearing the ticket booth, approaching was a guy (member, had his badge on) with pistol in hand and unloading. It’s normal right? I don’t think so, this guy held his gun chest level pointing down range to the left while he dumped the mag, and emptied a round out of the chamber.
I didn’t tell my wife we just cheated death, because the final destination movies get to her. I also felt bad on the way home as I thought about it; as a member I should have said something to him (but I suppose I was a bit preoccupied getting the hell away from him), or reported Mr. walking death. Don’t they have clearing barrel/traps/stations at the entrance?

He wouldnt have even touched it if they didnt require him to be unloaded. Not excusing his stupidity for where he unloaded, but he probably would have walked around never have laid a finger on it if they allowed loaded carry.

SpyderTattoo

You remind me of what I saw this past Sat when leaving the Monroe show. I was dumbfounded, and ready to duck. My wife and I just left the building and were nearing the ticket booth, approaching was a guy (member, had his badge on) with pistol in hand and unloading. It’s normal right? I don’t think so, this guy held his gun chest level pointing down range to the left while he dumped the mag, and emptied a round out of the chamber.
I didn’t tell my wife we just cheated death, because the final destination movies get to her. I also felt bad on the way home as I thought about it; as a member I should have said something to him (but I suppose I was a bit preoccupied getting the hell away from him), or reported Mr. walking death. Don’t they have clearing barrel/traps/stations at the entrance?

Well, since I was working that gunshow, I sure would have (and so would any security or other employee) appreciated it if you would have brought that to our attention so we could deal with that member and his unsafe actions. We provide a bullet trap at each door so people can safely empty the weapon. We'd sure like to know if any members are not being safe...

jbone

Does your wife know you said that? :lol:

quiet-emoticon.gif

Trigger Dr

Gogodawgs, Deros72, M1Gunr handled the table yesterday, I managed to set if for a shor time. Today, it was M1Gunr and myself attending to the table for the show. Enlightened several, met a few repeat visitors, added a NEW business to the friend or foe forum. You have to read it to find out who it was. HINT he makes headers for vehicles.
Special thanks go out to those who speak loudly and all we see is the disapearing echo.

just_a_car

Made it to the show and found M1Gunr and Deros there to chat with.

Only reason I went ahead and submitted to the Brady Campaign... er, I mean the WAC Board of Directors.... was because I was meeting with Keith Wells, the attorney that did my gun trust so that we could get some stuff ironed out. Otherwise, I would've avoided the show. While I had to pay $8 to enter, I figured I'd get my money's worth and picked up 4 military contract 7 rd 1911 mags for $32.

sudden valley gunner

Would this be a bad time to mention security guards that make up rules........:uhoh: ....hahahaha now that is funny right there....I don't care who you are.......:eek:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Gogodawgs, Deros72, M1Gunr handled the table yesterday, I managed to set if for a shor time. Today, it was M1Gunr and myself attending to the table for the show. Enlightened several, met a few repeat visitors, added a NEW business to the friend or foe forum. You have to read it to find out who it was. HINT he makes headers for vehicles.
Special thanks go out to those who speak loudly and all we see is the disapearing echo.

Big credit to PooSharker....er I mean GreenIsFaster who was also at the table. It is very nice seeing a 20yo man be so involved in what OCDO is all about and take time out of his day to support the Rights of Man.

sudden valley gunner

Big credit to PooSharker....er I mean GreenIsFaster who was also at the table. It is very nice seeing a 20yo man be so involved in what OCDO is all about and take time out of his day to support the Rights of Man.

I said in another thread, we need more young men like him. And I am experiencing it daily, more and more young people are fed up with our rights getting trampled, from both the pseudo left and the pseudo right. Now if we can just get them to focus a little like Poo I mean Green....

Trigger Dr

Green is faster, my sincere appology. You were not only there but we visited and you were very involved in the table business. Sorry I missed your name.

SpyderTattoo

Again, need a little elaboration. I work security for the WAC and I don't get to make up rules... We must enforce the rules set forth by the elected board of directors. I'm sure that anyone who just makes up their own rules would not be on the security team for long.

sudden valley gunner

A young man wasn't asked to remove his weapon even though he was following all the WAC rules, by a WAC security guard?

From the letter I seen others have tried to take up this issue on his behalf yet both WAC and said security guard have not been forthcoming with the answers. Or they did answer and the answer wasn't shared with this young man? Inquiring minds want to know.

Do I need to elaborate more? And since you outed yourself as the security guard, can you answer the questions??