• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

U.S. Senate Stands with NRA in Strongly Opposing U.N Gun Control Efforts

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
The genius of the Founders....

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

The stipulation that 2/3 of the Senate (remember before the XVII amendment they were elected by state legislatures) proved to be a strong bi-partisan (I hate that word) measure of national unity. It is one reason when friends and family bring up the U.N. 'treaty' that I disregard it's validity. Going over the 2/3 threshold, regardless of which party is in the majority, is a near impossibility.

dwordinger

I noticed both Washington senators were missing on the signature list. Well surprise, surprise!

amzbrady

I will not join the NRA they dont stand for everything that the 2nd Amendment does. We need a group like the NAA, National Arms Assosiation, or NFA, Nation Firearms Assosiation. That I would join. I know they had talked awhile back about making a group here to pay into, I am against it becuase OCDO does not promote long guns. We need a group that covers every asspect, Long gun, firearms, black powder, cannons, artillery, Open carry, Concealed carry, all of it. Now that I would join.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
No Virginia Senators either. Big surprise... Otherwise the the letter is well-worded and straight forward.

Last edited: