Thread: Carry at the Air Show (Thunder Over Michigan) at Willow Run Saturday/Sunday?

Carry at the Air Show (Thunder Over Michigan) at Willow Run Saturday/Sunday?

My oldest son and I will be going to the air show tomorrow. Does anyone know if the event is Carry friendly? Anyone else going?

(no, I will NOT wear an ankle holster or sandals with socks)
    ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    (no, I will NOT wear an ankle holster or sandals with socks)

;P

Where is this airshow at? I always enjoy them... maybe I'll head out.
    Last edited by HKcarrier; 07-22-2011 at 06:59 PM.

From their website "no weapons of any kind."

The airport is owned and controlled by Wayne county. I think there is a thread about carry at this airshow from last year and the consensus is that carry is lawful.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? (who will watch the watchmen?)

I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of posts should be construed as legal advice.

Banned
    Dont carry there.

I used to go to to school there, in orientation, they announced to all the students to leave your weed at home, and to not have any drinking in the parking lots because the entire airport was under federal control.

Campaign Veteran Glock9mmOldStyle's Avatar

Question

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    Dont carry there.

I used to go to to school there, in orientation, they announced to all the students to leave your weed at home, and to not have any drinking in the parking lots because the entire airport was under federal control.
    They may have also told you that "if you masturbate you'll go blind!" How's that seeing eye dog and white cane working out for you?

LMAO!

Point is, many schools are happy to pass along mis-dis information.
    “A government that does not trust it’s law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.” James Madison.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.” “The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.” George Washington

Thunder Over Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    my oldest son and i will be going to the air show tomorrow. Does anyone know if the event is carry friendly? Anyone else going?

(no, i will not wear an ankle holster or sandals with socks)
    ;p
    you are not allowed to bring in weapons!

here is a link to last years conversation on the same topic. FWIW, i believe that it is lawful to possess firearms at the airshow and that even if they wanted to ban possession, they would be prohibited from doing so by mcl 123.1102.

Also, the list of banned items does not specifically include firearms. My pistol is a tool, not a weapon.

There is an e-mail conversation in the following thread where the airport staff agrees that carry at the airshow is OK, at least for anyone with a cpl. Also included rules about firearm possession at the airport.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ght=willow+run
    Last edited by lapeer20m; 07-23-2011 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maustin195 View Post
    From their website "no weapons of any kind."
    I am glad to see that I am wrong. Now the bad information should be removed from their site.

The wife and i considered going to the air show today, but the $25 ticket price coupled with the high heat/humidity and the distance from home was enough to keep us away.

Went to the air show, left gun in the car.

It was BLAZING HOT! Wow. It was HOT. Some clouds rolled in when the Blue Angels started which gave a little relief. It was hot.