• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry at the Air Show (Thunder Over Michigan) at Willow Run Saturday/Sunday?

Scooter

My oldest son and I will be going to the air show tomorrow. Does anyone know if the event is Carry friendly? Anyone else going?

(no, I will NOT wear an ankle holster or sandals with socks)
;P

stainless1911

Banned
Dont carry there.

I used to go to to school there, in orientation, they announced to all the students to leave your weed at home, and to not have any drinking in the parking lots because the entire airport was under federal control.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Dont carry there.

I used to go to to school there, in orientation, they announced to all the students to leave your weed at home, and to not have any drinking in the parking lots because the entire airport was under federal control.

They may have also told you that "if you masturbate you'll go blind!" How's that seeing eye dog and white cane working out for you?

LMAO! ;)

Point is, many schools are happy to pass along mis-dis information.

JoeH

Thunder Over Michigan

my oldest son and i will be going to the air show tomorrow. Does anyone know if the event is carry friendly? Anyone else going?

(no, i will not wear an ankle holster or sandals with socks)
;p

you are not allowed to bring in weapons!

lapeer20m

here is a link to last years conversation on the same topic. FWIW, i believe that it is lawful to possess firearms at the airshow and that even if they wanted to ban possession, they would be prohibited from doing so by mcl 123.1102.

Also, the list of banned items does not specifically include firearms. My pistol is a tool, not a weapon.

There is an e-mail conversation in the following thread where the airport staff agrees that carry at the airshow is OK, at least for anyone with a cpl. Also included rules about firearm possession at the airport.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...r-Show-Carry-Not-Allowed&highlight=willow+run

Last edited:

Scooter

Went to the air show, left gun in the car.

It was BLAZING HOT! Wow. It was HOT. Some clouds rolled in when the Blue Angels started which gave a little relief. It was hot.