Thread: Conversation with Radio Shack manager in Seaside, Ca.

Conversation with Radio Shack manager in Seaside, Ca.

I live in Salinas but of course the only camcorder i wanted ws in Seaside.
    The manager was trying to upsell me on accesories and I explained i was using it to record police encounters when I open carry. He looked puzzled and asked if I was open carrying the camcorder l laughed mao. I said no, I'm going to open carry a firearm. He asked if it was legal and I explained it to him. He said he didn't know people could carry a gun. He then used that to try and sell me some high price memory cards to record with laughed again. Anyway I passed left drove home.
    I did use the opportunity toeducate someone on the law regarding ocing so if comes across it in his store will know it's legal and not panic. He asked me to contact him and let him know how my first encounter works out.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
    The manager was trying to upsell me on accesories and I explained i was using it to record police encounters when I open carry. He looked puzzled and asked if I was open carrying the camcorder l laughed mao. I said no, I'm going to open carry a firearm. He asked if it was legal and I explained it to him. He said he didn't know people could carry a gun. He then used that to try and sell me some high price memory cards to record with laughed again. Anyway I passed left drove home.
    I did use the opportunity toeducate someone on the law regarding ocing so if comes across it in his store will know it's legal and not panic. He asked me to contact him and let him know how my first encounter works out.
    I got in laws in Seaside. So +1 on your story.

If you get the chance come up to Washington we can carry fully loaded pretty much everywhere. (only a few places limited by law) But even up here I run into people daily who ask about my open carry and how they had no idea it was legal.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by Yaki View Post
    Sounds like you had a good experience. You were able to educate another member of the public. I'm rooting for you guys to get some better gun laws. Used to live in San Diego, but no way I'm coming back if I have to leave the majority of my guns here.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Yaki, try and PM OPs Marine, maybe he'll get the e-mail, he used to OC in your vicinity.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

I'm always tickled inside when someone, usually a store owner or employee, asks me, "Is that legal?" or "Do you have a permit for that?" or "Are you a cop/security guard?"

Answers: Yes, not required in Colorado, and no.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.