• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conversation with Radio Shack manager in Seaside, Ca.

Yaki

I live in Salinas but of course the only camcorder i wanted ws in Seaside.
The manager was trying to upsell me on accesories and I explained i was using it to record police encounters when I open carry. He looked puzzled and asked if I was open carrying the camcorder l laughed mao. I said no, I'm going to open carry a firearm. He asked if it was legal and I explained it to him. He said he didn't know people could carry a gun. He then used that to try and sell me some high price memory cards to record with laughed again. Anyway I passed left drove home.
I did use the opportunity toeducate someone on the law regarding ocing so if comes across it in his store will know it's legal and not panic. He asked me to contact him and let him know how my first encounter works out.

sudden valley gunner

The manager was trying to upsell me on accesories and I explained i was using it to record police encounters when I open carry. He looked puzzled and asked if I was open carrying the camcorder l laughed mao. I said no, I'm going to open carry a firearm. He asked if it was legal and I explained it to him. He said he didn't know people could carry a gun. He then used that to try and sell me some high price memory cards to record with laughed again. Anyway I passed left drove home.
I did use the opportunity toeducate someone on the law regarding ocing so if comes across it in his store will know it's legal and not panic. He asked me to contact him and let him know how my first encounter works out.

I got in laws in Seaside. So +1 on your story.

If you get the chance come up to Washington we can carry fully loaded pretty much everywhere. (only a few places limited by law) But even up here I run into people daily who ask about my open carry and how they had no idea it was legal.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Sounds like you had a good experience. You were able to educate another member of the public. I'm rooting for you guys to get some better gun laws. Used to live in San Diego, but no way I'm coming back if I have to leave the majority of my guns here.

since9

Campaign Veteran
I'm always tickled inside when someone, usually a store owner or employee, asks me, "Is that legal?" or "Do you have a permit for that?" or "Are you a cop/security guard?" :D

Answers: Yes, not required in Colorado, and no.