Thread: Is DOJ withholding Fast & Furious documents?

Is DOJ withholding Fast & Furious documents?

Grassley to Fox News: ‘Melson gave documents to DOJ, but we didn’t get them’

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...idn-t-get-them

Question: Is DOJ withholding Fast & Furious documents?

Answer: Has a cat got a climbing gear? Do bears practice elimination in the woods?

I trust any one of these government agencies, and most especially BATFE, about as far as I can throw them.

Funny, but I can remember a time when we did trust our government. That time is long past. I wish it were otherwise and I wish we could trust our government, from the top all the way down.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    SNIP Funny, but I can remember a time when we did trust our government. That time is long past. I wish it were otherwise and I wish we could trust our government, from the top all the way down.
    For myself, I might tweak that a bit.

Keep in mind Thomas Jefferson's view that government was a "necessary evil." Emphasis on evil for our purposes here. There is a reason government was called something bad. Those in government can never, ever be trusted.

You can track back through fedgov history the putrid stench of self-interest and aquisition of power.

Even the Federalists themselves gave us the Alien and Sedition Acts, directly violating 1st Amendment free speech protections.

So, any trusting in government that I did was because I was taught to by my elementary school teachers. Some of my high school teachers tried to tarnish the shine, but it didn't really "take" as solidly as later personal experience and paying attention did.

personally i think it's a "false flag" operation against those who support gun rights and the second amendment. </tinfoil>
    It takes a village to raise an idiot.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Question: Is DOJ withholding Fast & Furious documents?

Answer: Has a cat got a climbing gear? Do bears practice elimination in the woods?

I trust any one of these government agencies, and most especially BATFE, about as far as I can throw them.

Funny, but I can remember a time when we did trust our government. That time is long past. I wish it were otherwise and I wish we could trust our government, from the top all the way down.
    Personally, ONLY in the best of environments where those in Government were actually TRYING to abide by the Constitution it would be a "Trust, But Verify" mission. Right now, it is "A you gotta prove to me that YOU ARE NOT A CRIMINAL MARXIST" mission!

Watch closely. Now that info has started leaking about Operation Castaway you can bet the Fed is going to be scrambling to bury as much information as they can. It's going to illustrate that this is a Nation-wide smuggling operation at the Federal level.

I swear, this mess is right out to the Iran-Contra playbook.

Issa to NRA: Two more Fast & Furious hearings planned this year

Congressman Darrell Issa on Friday told NRA News that he is planning at least two more hearings on Operation Fast & Furious this year before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, and that he will follow the investigation “up.”

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...nned-this-year

YES!!!
    I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Politicians should serve two terms, one in office and one in prison.(borrowed from RioKid)

Of course they are witholding documents. This goes all the way to the top. The program was started to initiate a gun grab in the USA. And they have already flagrantly started it with the new reporting of longuns regs. The government is not the friend of the governed. Just one more bit of evidence for that statement. When the top law enforcement officer in the country is a criminal, what do we do?