• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is DOJ withholding Fast & Furious documents?

SFCRetired

Question: Is DOJ withholding Fast & Furious documents?

Answer: Has a cat got a climbing gear? Do bears practice elimination in the woods?

I trust any one of these government agencies, and most especially BATFE, about as far as I can throw them.

Funny, but I can remember a time when we did trust our government. That time is long past. I wish it were otherwise and I wish we could trust our government, from the top all the way down.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Funny, but I can remember a time when we did trust our government. That time is long past. I wish it were otherwise and I wish we could trust our government, from the top all the way down.

For myself, I might tweak that a bit.

Keep in mind Thomas Jefferson's view that government was a "necessary evil." Emphasis on evil for our purposes here. There is a reason government was called something bad. Those in government can never, ever be trusted.

You can track back through fedgov history the putrid stench of self-interest and aquisition of power.

Even the Federalists themselves gave us the Alien and Sedition Acts, directly violating 1st Amendment free speech protections.

So, any trusting in government that I did was because I was taught to by my elementary school teachers. Some of my high school teachers tried to tarnish the shine, but it didn't really "take" as solidly as later personal experience and paying attention did.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Question: Is DOJ withholding Fast & Furious documents?

Answer: Has a cat got a climbing gear? Do bears practice elimination in the woods?

I trust any one of these government agencies, and most especially BATFE, about as far as I can throw them.

Funny, but I can remember a time when we did trust our government. That time is long past. I wish it were otherwise and I wish we could trust our government, from the top all the way down.
Personally, ONLY in the best of environments where those in Government were actually TRYING to abide by the Constitution it would be a "Trust, But Verify" mission. Right now, it is "A you gotta prove to me that YOU ARE NOT A CRIMINAL MARXIST" mission!

REALteach4u

Watch closely. Now that info has started leaking about Operation Castaway you can bet the Fed is going to be scrambling to bury as much information as they can. It's going to illustrate that this is a Nation-wide smuggling operation at the Federal level.

jbone

I swear, this mess is right out to the Iran-Contra playbook.

riverrat10k

Of course they are witholding documents. This goes all the way to the top. The program was started to initiate a gun grab in the USA. And they have already flagrantly started it with the new reporting of longuns regs. The government is not the friend of the governed. Just one more bit of evidence for that statement. When the top law enforcement officer in the country is a criminal, what do we do?