Thread: Carry at the Boise Music Festival

Carry at the Boise Music Festival

So i am planning on going to the Boise music festival this sat with my brother in laws girlfriend and some of her friends. I personally own a raspberry Pink Ruger LCP 380 Auto and a Springfield XD 9MM subcompact. I want to open carry to the festival and i'm torn on which to carry. The ruger won't turn as many heads and i feel won't worry as many people since its 1. pink and 2. small ,but the XD i have a better retention holster. So should i go with the less noticeable gun or the gun i can retain better. I don't want to conceal carry just because I plan to have a drink while I'm there.

I'd opt for better retention in a crowded venue.

And remember this is a public event on public property.

You should not have any issues while open carrying, but make sure to get the basics down if you have to quote anything and if you can, always carry something to record on you. Protects you and the Officer, even.

I haven't had any negative experiences, but you never know what could happen. Again, I highly doubt anything will, but be safe and be responsible.

You're a representative of Open Carriers everywhere whether you want to be or not, so don't create anything negative.

I live next to Morrison Park and I'll be Open Carrying as well.
    Last edited by Zhukov; 07-22-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Think this through, drinking+OC = public relations nightmare for gun owners.

See the math, it may be legal but it sure isn't smart.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Think this through, drinking+OC = public relations nightmare for gun owners.

See the math, it may be legal but it sure isn't smart.
    I concur. If you plan on drinking, don't carry. It's just asking for trouble.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

She carried, she didn't drink, and nobody cared. There were a few questions posed, one of which was, "is that loaded?" to which she naturally responded, "yes" to which the questioning party responded, "good girl!" Despite my older brother's worrisome advice to conceal earlier in the day, MrsCombatClarke carried on as per usual, ignoring my ignorant, afraid, and apprehensive older brother. According to first hand accounts there were plenty of police officers who noticed her firearm and not one of them even gave her a second look. She'll probably post a more in-depth story when she's off work...

I think I'm gonna post a new thread about this carrying and drinking thing, I've never had any trouble with it personally...

I went to the event for about 5 minutes. Was noticed by two bike officers, but no second looks.

We decided to head back home because damn...that was a lot of people on a hot day.

Luckily, I could hear the music from my apartment