Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: my gun confiscated

s

S
    Last edited by jblonde009; 07-23-2011 at 03:29 PM.

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
    Wow.....that's got to be the best story I've heard all week. Fake blood and everything.

I would have taken your gun too. I'm sorry, but it was totally irresponsible of you, and your friend to leave a firearm unattended outside like that.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Seriously?

/facepalm

Get a lawyer.
    I have a feeling your going to need one once the Sheriff gets wind of this. (ie revoked LTCF)

Quote Originally Posted by kadar View Post
    Get a lawyer.
    I have a feeling your going to need one once the Sheriff gets wind of this. (ie revoked LTCF)
    I have 2 friends that are cops for different citys and they both said wether it was on my table my couch or my porch its still my property and there was no reason for them to take it. I dont know, i would just like to know whos in the right here.

Irresponsible? Yes.
    Criminal? Not IMO.

I can see the police securing it until the owner comes forward, just as a safety issue, but to refuse to give it back, let alone threaten to have someone's license pulled??
    No.

How would it have been any different if the pistol had been left inside (on the counter, maybe), with the door unlocked, instead of hidden on the porch? And if it was hidden, how'd the police get it?

Unless they manage to come up with an actual criminal charge (and I can think of one possibility, though it's a bit of a stretch), I doubt they'll be able to sustain their possession when questioned by a judge.

Contact the head of the dep't: try to get a recording of your meeting or phone call (of course, if it's legal in PA), or write a letter. Maybe contact the city attorney.

And next time,
    1) clean up your mess before you leave the house
    2) think ahead & be more responsible with your firearm

I'm going to have to agree with proshooter on this one. Really irresponsible. And I'm just refering to the gun. I have no comment on the fake blood. How exactly do you forget to take your gun with you?

EDIT: Welcome to OCDO by the way. Tough way to start out on the forum. Stick around and you will learn a lot.
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-23-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    Irresponsible? Yes.
    Criminal? Not IMO.

I can see the police securing it until the owner comes forward, just as a safety issue, but to refuse to give it back, let alone threaten to have someone's license pulled??
    No.

How would it have been any different if the pistol had been left inside (on the counter, maybe), with the door unlocked, instead of hidden on the porch? And if it was hidden, how'd the police get it?

Unless they manage to come up with an actual criminal charge (and I can think of one possibility, though it's a bit of a stretch), I doubt they'll be able to sustain their possession when questioned by a judge.

Contact the head of the dep't: try to get a recording of your meeting or phone call (of course, if it's legal in PA), or write a letter. Maybe contact the city attorney.

And next time,
    1) clean up your mess before you leave the house
    2) think ahead & be more responsible with your firearm
    so would you agree this is grounds for revoked LTCF?

Founder's Club Member
    No offense, but my suspicions get aroused by some of the stories from first-time posters. You know, things like: going camping at 11pm. After playing with fake blood. Not cleaning up the blood. Leaving without the gun, or securing it. A fella leaving without his keys? Cops finding a covered up gun on a porch? (Did the friend cover it with a fake-bloody rag?) Twenty minutes after his call to his friend, he arrives back to find 30 people, 11 cop cars, fire-trucks, and ambulances, and a news crew at his place? Wow, that was fast. Were they waiting in the wings? And, the cops said nothing to him about seizing the gun that evening--not until he calls the next morning.

ETA: And, he gets a call from the neighbor, but not from the girlfriend who thinks he might be injured from the fake-blood while all the fake-blood mixings are still not cleaned up.

Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes, so I can't really call BS.

If the story is true, I can't get that worked up about a covered up gun on a porch in a small town with maybe three cops. For twenty minutes?
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-23-2011 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jblonde009 View Post
    About 20 min after i left i realized i forgot my sidearm at home which i always take with me.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    No offense, but my suspicions get aroused by some of the stories from first-time posters. You know, things like: going camping at 11pm. After playing with fake blood. Not cleaning up the blood. Leaving without the gun, or securing it. A fella leaving without his keys? Cops finding a covered up gun on a porch? (Did the friend cover it with a fake-bloody rag?) Twenty minutes after his call to his friend, he arrives back to find 30 people, 11 cop cars, fire-trucks, and ambulances, and a news crew at his place? Wow, that was fast. Were they waiting in the wings? And, the cops said nothing to him about seizing the gun that evening--not until he calls the next morning.

Truth is stranger than fiction sometimes, so I can't really call BS.

If the story is true, I can't get that worked up about a covered up gun on a porch in a small town with maybe three cops. For twenty minutes?
    Definitely makes a strange twitch in my nose too. Perhaps someone will file a FOIA request to confirm or deny the validity of the story.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Definitely makes a strange twitch in my nose too. Perhaps someone will file a FOIA request to confirm or deny the validity of the story.
    Hey, at least the cover-up happened before government got involved, not after. Not like Brady Surry County, VA. That's something, ya know.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Hey, at least the cover-up happened before government got involved, not after. Not like Brady Surry County, VA. That's something, ya know.
    Dot ting make a ferry good story too.....Surry you know what I mean.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
    I find it interesting that the only thing that comes up on Google about this is THE ORIGINAL POST.

Nothing from any news source.

A story as weird as this would probably be picked up by the wire services, but . . .nothing . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jblonde009
    so would you agree this is grounds for revoked LTCF?
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal
    No.
    But it is grounds for a good ass-chewing.

BTW, if anyone wants to check up on the story, here's contact info:
    Ashley Borough Police
    8 N Main St.
    Ashley, PA
    (570) 822-6995

Wiki says there were under 3,000 people living there in 2000, so if this happened it'll probably be widely known.
    Last edited by MKEgal; 07-23-2011 at 09:14 AM.

I am wondering how "11 police cars" showed up so fast in a town with "3 cops". Of course some towns are really close to other towns and maybe they all need a little excitement like flies flocking to .... well, I will leave it up to your imagination as to what flies like to flock to.

Or the story is full of crap.

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
    Considering what the OP did to grammar and the English language in "reporting" this incident, the police should go back and confiscate his keyboard as well.

It's all very simple. I am now going to officially ask the OP to post a copy of his police report. To the OP, that will settle the debate over whether or not your story is fiction or fact. Let's see that police report.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Considering what the OP did to grammar and the English language in "reporting" this incident, the police should go back and confiscate his keyboard as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    It's all very simple. I am now going to officially ask the OP to post a copy of his police report. To the OP, that will settle the debate over whether or not your story is fiction or fact. Let's see that police report.
    I've been seeing a lot of new faces around here. Some could be trolls :P

Sent from my HTC EVO

Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Or the story is full of crap.
    +1
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Glock Certified Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    That may be the true crime here.
    James Reynolds

Glock Certified Armorer

Hhhmmmmmm
    "Liberty's too precious a thing to be buried in books...Men should hold it up in front of them every single day of their lives and say: 'I'm free to think and to speak. My ancestors couldn't. I can. And my children will."
    ,,, So Mote Be

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.-- JC

Story

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    Wow.....that's got to be the best story I've heard all week. Fake blood and everything.

I would have taken your gun too. I'm sorry, but it was totally irresponsible of you, and your friend to leave a firearm unattended outside like that.
    Sooo what happened to the story? The text window by jblonde009‎ is blank.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast