Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good or bad cop???

Good or bad cop???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6vYx...F59F27464D3FA9

I want to hear what you guys think of this Officer...
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

i don't think he was being very professional from get go,then the cop tells the black guy " look me square in the face" then when he does the cop pushes him like that!!! bad cop !!
    this is a must**** http://youtu.be/l0BgLk1i9yY****

As unsavory as I find Leon's attitude and dress, the cop needs to be fired and arrested for official oppression and assault.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

he's lucky he didn't get killed....first off- he stopped them for their pants hanging down? terrible. second- they said they didn't have ID...the cop made it seem like that was bad or a crime...i never carry ID unless i have my wallet.

what a terrible cop i hope he gets fired.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Would you guys let your own kids dress like that?.... First off... I don't believe he is a bad cop. However I believe he could have acted alittle different and more professional. He obviously did not like thug's and gangster's, but who does?.. I sure don't.
    False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mach1chris View Post
    Would you guys let your own kids dress like that?.... First off... I don't believe he is a bad cop. However I believe he could have acted alittle different and more professional. He obviously did not like thug's and gangster's, but who does?.. I sure don't.
    Dude, if I hit a cop in the neck because I didn't like his attitude, I'd be thrown in the slammer. No, I don't like the thug uniform but that cop intentionally escalated the situation.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Would you guys let your own kids dress like that?.... .
    is he the fashion police lol ? he was a DICK & a cop with a agenda !!

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    he's lucky he didn't get killed....first off- he stopped them for their pants hanging down? terrible. second- they said they didn't have ID...the cop made it seem like that was bad or a crime...i never carry ID unless i have my wallet.

what a terrible cop i hope he gets fired.
    Naw I don't think he should get fired, but educated yes. He for sure got reprimanded for that but you have to admit that "Patterson" was being a jerk.
    Last edited by mach1chris; 07-22-2011 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Dude, if I hit a cop in the neck because I didn't like his attitude, I'd be thrown in the slammer. No, I don't like the thug uniform but that cop intentionally escalated the situation.
    I understand you people on this fourm are all about human right's and don't get me wrong, because im all for that but I believe you guy's fail to see sometime's the situation as a whole. I personaly think that you have more then just a right to dress as you wish and if that includes dressing up like a "THUG" and looking like a fool, well thats fine. I've always said there is a time and place for everything and when your in public I don't believe you should be walking around with your underwear hanging out, to some people it's indecent exposure.

I understand you people on this fourm are all about human right's and don't get me wrong, because im all for that but I believe you guy's fail to see sometime's the situation as a whole. I personaly think that you have more then just a right to dress as you wish and if that includes dressing up like a "THUG" and looking like a fool, well thats fine. I've always said there is a time and place for everything and when your in public I don't believe you should be walking around with your underwear hanging out, to some people it's indecent exposure.
    so what made the black guy a "THUG"? because his underwear was hanging out or maybe because he was walking in a low income area? i don't think you can call that indecent exposure, maybe he looks like a fool but not inDecent !! cops sometime take it way to far ! THE BIGGEST STREET GANG IN AMERICA = COPS!!
    Last edited by deserteagle50; 07-22-2011 at 09:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deserteagle50 View Post
    so what made the black guy a "THUG"? because his underwear was hanging out or maybe because he was walking in a low income area? i don't think you can call that indecent exposure, maybe he looks like a fool but not inDecent !! cops sometime take it way to far ! THE BIGGEST STREET GANG IN AMERICA = COPS!!
    With all do respect I think you should have a little more respect towards how you talk about cops.... and so if it is not indecent what would you call that then? decent? I dought that would be called decent, maybe the best words would be something more like...??? "out of the norm"...

take the time to watch & listen closely to this one!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP...layer_embedded

take the time to watch & listen closely to this one!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kassP...layer_embedded
    I already saw that one... I know that their are those who take it way to far, but remember because of one's screw up not all of them are at fault. The Officer in this video was in violation of many thing's including threat's... the only one that should have caught a felony in this video was the cop. They couldn't even follow correct procedure when searching the individual's car.
    Last edited by mach1chris; 07-22-2011 at 09:52 PM.

With all do respect I think you should have a little more respect towards how you talk about cops.... and so if it is not indecent what would you call that then? decent? I dought that would be called decent, maybe the best words would be something more like...??? "out of the norm"...
    i call it teasteless,inappropriate & ridiculous but not indecent!! you know as good as i do there is so much on called for police brutality it's not even funny!? i always give law enforcement the respect they deserve but i expect the same!!!

I talk to you how you talk to me. That cop was running his mouth from the get go. He got called on his b.s. and didn't like it. I won't kiss anyones a**. If you listen the guy was saggin but what was he wearing under his pants, sweats.

I love how people try and justifiy the cops b.s. even when its being filmed. And you wonder why we have cameras in their face eveytime they walk up. So cop sympathizers can't make excuses for their bad behavior..

And for the record my mom was a cop and I have 2 cousins back east who are cops so I dont have some personal agenda, just hate liars and their sympathizers..

We forget about this incident in Seattle?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9llvT...eature=related

This kind of stuff happens way to often! There is no excuse for this kind of behavior, these cops should be terminated and prosecuted and locked up.
    They have crossed the Thin Blue Line, they are criminals with Badges.
    Last edited by 10x; 07-22-2011 at 10:08 PM.

i call it teasteless,inappropriate & ridiculous but not indecent!! you know as good as i do there is so much on called for police brutality it's not even funny!? i always give law enforcement the respect they deserve but i expect the same!!!
    There is only so much you can do with getting the same respect that you are giving to the officer. Without the same respect given back to you as a citizen from a Officer, you are superior to him due to the lack of the Officer's discipline.

There is only so much you can do with getting the same respect that you are giving to the officer. Without the same respect given back to you as a citizen from a Officer, you are superior to him due to the lack of the Officer's discipline.
    Here is a video of how a cop should act. A bunch of people are open carrying and one is also videotaping a cop car, but the cop is very courteous. You don't need a permit to OC in new hampshire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCTEy...feature=relmfu

Me neither. But it's difficult to tell who the real 'thug' is in this example.

I don't much care for the sort, but they have a right to be retarded.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    Me neither. But it's difficult to tell who the real 'thug' is in this example.

I don't much care for the sort, but they have a right to be retarded.
    lol!!! tell you what, I think that cop might be useful to maybe scaring kids in elementry school into doing their homework and not to be a "THUG". Yea they have a right to look like a total retard, as long as your not doing it in front of my family or myself I don't care. worst comes to worst I will just leave. What bugs the hell out of me, and maybe this is just me but it just seems as if now days they make clothes specificaly for this "THUG" look. For example, I go to the mall and I see kids wearing these pants that are shorter then regular pants but longer then regular shorts. So its like these people can't make up their mind on what they want to wear. It's like their stuck between both and the pants/shorts go below their knees like two to three inches.. I don't get it...

Naw I don't think he should get fired, but educated yes. He for sure got reprimanded for that but you have to admit that "Patterson" was being a jerk.
    dude- who cares if the kid had his pants down...he was looking for drugs or a weapon.

he should get fired. he made the situation something it wasn't.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

mach1chris, In this situation, it's quite apparent you're new here. A hard fast rule you'll learn eventually is that some (not all) gun owners are prone to over-generalized, poorly founded, anti-LEO agendas. They like to lump ALL cops under one label. For the most part, they are unable separate their logical thinking from their own fears and biases regarding LEOs.

All throughout our history, many in our society has felt a need to place some group beneath themselves to feel powerful. Cop-bashing is just another form of prejudice. It's just a prejudice that's deeply rooted in an inability to take responsibility for one's own actions and a need to blame someone else when they get caught doing something they shouldn't be doing or a fear of being caught in the first place. The notion that there's someone watching, that might remind them of their own mistakes or weaknesses, preys on their insecurities to a point of obsession in some.

I'm 50 years old and I've never had a bad experience with an LEO. None of my family has ever had a bad experience with an LEO. None of my close friends, co-workers have had one. The only people I've ever known personally that report a poor experience with an LEO can track that poor experience to some level of their own attitude or the way they presented themselves into the situation.

I've long surmised that you get out what you put in. If you look for trouble, you'll find it.

Are there bad cops out there? Sure. Just as there are bad bus drivers, lawyers, and bad McDonalds burger flippers and Doctors. All have examples of poor behavior that can be found in stories on the internet. Unfortunately, usually, only the bad news makes news. So, when we hear about an LEO, it's usually a bad one. But, bear in mind that there are 10's of thousands of LEOS in this country in all likelihood. Resulting in 10's upon 10's of thousands of LEO/Citizen interactions. We only see/hear about a small fraction. A cop saving a life or comforting someone in need or catching bad guys just doesn't make for a high hit count on YouTube.
    Last edited by JeepSeller; 07-23-2011 at 04:33 AM.

Dame... Me personaly I thought that gun owners would be much more supportive of law enforcement officers. Maybe you people should change the name of the fourm to anti-cop or cop bash.org....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6vYx...F59F27464D3FA9

I want to hear what you guys think of this Officer...
    I'm not sure what the underwear law is, but doubt it's grounds for stopping someone. The cop was an ******* from the start. Racial profiling comes to mind, and clearly assault. The cop saying you 'have to have ID' while going about your business labels him as a moron, as well. Only the most inane cop apologists can defend his action. He was the thug, not the black guy, however easy it is to dislike him.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Dame... Me personaly I thought that gun owners would be much more supportive of law enforcement officers. Maybe you people should change the name of the fourm to anti-cop or cop bash.org....
    Of decent cops, yes. Of thugs who make up the law as they like and treat citizens as subjects, no. This isn't cop bashing; it is one thug being called what he is.
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast