• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

80 killed in Norway shooting

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
No government agent here. My name was pulled from a really bad movie title and is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Respectfully, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to convey. I am completely against anyone making my choices for me or someone else. I was merely trying to convey simply: when you leave your house in the morning, make sure you have your gun with you if possible. I appologise if my post seemed confusing.

That movie looks awesome.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117609/?mode=desktop

Back on point, I understand what you are saying about carrying wherever and whenever possible. However, the only obligation I feel is to protect myself and my family. If the situation arose, I see myself helping others but I do not feel obligated to do so.

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

That movie looks awesome.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117609/?mode=desktop

Back on point, I understand what you are saying about carrying wherever and whenever possible. However, the only obligation I feel is to protect myself and my family. If the situation arose, I see myself helping others but I do not feel obligated to do so.

Yeah, it's a pretty ridiculous film.

As to your comment on obligation, I completly understand. An individual's level of "obligation" is a personal thing and highly subjective to the situation. I just know that if I were on that island seeing unarmed kids being gunned down, I as an armed citizen would feel obligated to help if possible.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
No government agent here. My name was pulled from a really bad movie title and is meant to be tongue-in-cheek.

Respectfully, I think you misunderstood what I was trying to convey. I am completely against anyone making my choices for me or someone else. I was merely trying to convey simply: when you leave your house in the morning, make sure you have your gun with you if possible. I appologise if my post seemed confusing.

Thanks for clearing up the post and username.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Just heard a radio news report focusing almost entirely on the bullets used. Quotes from a doctor saying horrible damage. Bullets that explode or fragment.

Somebody should look into whether this guy or his group received support from the UN. Its a little coincidental that the draconian UN treaty to reduce civilian arms was in the news cycle recently.

Even without a UN connection to the shooting, I bet we hear more about the treaty. And, international (meaning a select few elites with an agenda) condemnation of hollow points.

Beretta92FSLady

Do they have gun control in Norway? Liberal mentality? This is horrible. I fear this may be coming here also. My heart and prayers go out to the victims and the Country.

Welcome to OC.

http://www.jta.org/news/article/201...espoused-new-right-wing-pro-israel-philosophy

"[h=2]Norway killer espoused new right-wing, pro-Israel philosophy[/h] July 24, 2011
BERLIN (JTA) -- The confessed perpetrator in the terror attack in Norway espoused a new right-wing philosophy allied with Israel against Islam - a trend in European populist and far-right movements that has Israel worried.
In numerous online postings, including a manifesto published on the day of the attacks, Anders Behring Breivik pushed the "Vienna School" or “Crusader Nationalism” philosophy, a mish-mash of anti-modern principles that also calls for "the deportation of all Muslims from Europe" as well as from "the West Bank and the Gaza Strip."
According to the manifesto, entitled "2083: A European Declaration of Independence" and published under the pseudonym Andrew Berwick, the "Vienna School" supports "pro-Zionism/Israeli nationalism.""

Damn Liberals huh? He is a textbook Right-winger.

This is a tragedy. Apparently the POS was dressed to look like an LEO.

Apparently the POS is a right-wing Fundamentalist Christian who does not like Muslims, and who is for lower taxes. Sound like anybody here in the states?

Damn people, read, read, read. I know it strains the eyes, but it's good for your brains.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/world/europe/24europe.html?src=me&ref=general
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/world/europe/24europe.html?hp

I say put her up. She seems to be good for the far right...and America, apparently:

http://truthfrequencynews.com/?p=6825

Last edited:

c45man

It won't long before the anti-gun zealots will be dancing in the blood of this tragedy to push for even more restrictive gun laws. Not only in europe but this country as well... U.N. small arms treaty will be making another run.

Daylen

left wing? right wing? Whats the difference if its the weather underground, Red Army Faction, anarchist groups, neo-nazis or this guy killing people. Any way ya look at it right wing progressives or left wing progressives or their Islamist terrorist buddies love their violent killing.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
left wing? right wing? Whats the difference if its the weather underground, Red Army Faction, anarchist groups, neo-nazis or this guy killing people. Any way ya look at it right wing progressives or left wing progressives or their Islamist terrorist buddies love their violent killing.

Here. I'll fix that for you:

left wing? right wing? Whats the difference if its the weather underground, Red Army Faction, anarchist groups, neo-nazis, governments making war, bankers economically enslaving people, or this guy killing people. Any way ya look at it right wing progressives or left wing progressives or their Islamist terrorist buddies love their violent killing

Daylen

Here. I'll fix that for you:

No please don't pretend know what I meant to say or attribute statements to me. I wanted to highlight nongovernmental violence by those seeking to effect the social order. Don't be so pretentious.

eye95

No please don't pretend know what I meant to say or attribute statements to me. I wanted to highlight nongovernmental violence by those seeking to effect the social order. Don't be so pretentious.

Unfortunately, that happens a LOT here. In addition to such editorial "correction" being pretentious, it is rude and arrogant.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

No, don't be so arrogant as to think I was giving you enough importance to pretend to know what you meant to say.

And, pay attention to the separate quotes--I'd love to hear you explain how I attributed anything to you when it is clear from the quotes what you actually said and what I added. The second quote is attributed to nobody but me.

Its a playful way of saying, "I woulda said (insert text here)".

Sheesh.

Gunslinger

Welcome to OC.

http://www.jta.org/news/article/201...espoused-new-right-wing-pro-israel-philosophy

"[h=2]Norway killer espoused new right-wing, pro-Israel philosophy[/h] July 24, 2011
BERLIN (JTA) -- The confessed perpetrator in the terror attack in Norway espoused a new right-wing philosophy allied with Israel against Islam - a trend in European populist and far-right movements that has Israel worried.
In numerous online postings, including a manifesto published on the day of the attacks, Anders Behring Breivik pushed the "Vienna School" or “Crusader Nationalism” philosophy, a mish-mash of anti-modern principles that also calls for "the deportation of all Muslims from Europe" as well as from "the West Bank and the Gaza Strip."
According to the manifesto, entitled "2083: A European Declaration of Independence" and published under the pseudonym Andrew Berwick, the "Vienna School" supports "pro-Zionism/Israeli nationalism.""

Damn Liberals huh? He is a textbook Right-winger.

This is a tragedy. Apparently the POS was dressed to look like an LEO.

Apparently the POS is a right-wing Fundamentalist Christian who does not like Muslims, and who is for lower taxes. Sound like anybody here in the states?

Damn people, read, read, read. I know it strains the eyes, but it's good for your brains.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/world/europe/24europe.html?src=me&ref=general
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/world/europe/24europe.html?hp

I say put her up. She seems to be good for the far right...and America, apparently:

http://truthfrequencynews.com/?p=6825

Turn off your spin. He isn't a right or leftwing anything. He is a mass murderer. Psychopaths don't act because they are leftwingers, they act because they are psychopaths. And Norway's politics are not ours.

okboomer

No, don't be so arrogant as to think I was giving you enough importance to pretend to know what you meant to say.

And, pay attention to the separate quotes--I'd love to hear you explain how I attributed anything to you when it is clear from the quotes what you actually said and what I added. The second quote is attributed to nobody but me.

Its a playful way of saying, "I woulda said (insert text here)".

Sheesh.

I thought it was more "tongue in cheek" :p

eye95

There is a difference between being "playful" and "toying" with others.

The practice of "fixing" what another has written is arrogant, presumptive, rude, pedantic, disrespectful, etc. It represents an unacceptable level of dishonesty, and, if it isn't against the rules of this forum (IMO, it is), then it should be. Folks who use that bit of dishonesty need to learn how to present their own point of view without messing with that of another.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Okay everybody. Let's get back on track here. The whole point of this thread is to discuss the serious tragedy in Norway and the issues surrounding it. Please don't let this thread devolve into more infighting between forum members. Please.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
There is a difference between being "playful" and "toying" with others.

The practice of "fixing" what another has written is arrogant, presumptive, rude, pedantic, disrespectful, etc. It represents an unacceptable level of dishonesty, and, if it isn't against the rules of this forum (IMO, it is), then it should be. Folks who use that bit of dishonesty need to learn how to present their own point of view without messing with that of another.

Toying? Oh, so now you are a mind-reader and can tell the intent to toy from the intent to play from hundreds or thousands of miles away? Wow, wow, wow. Almost God-like.

As to your silly accusation about rules violation, why don't you read the rules and compare what was done. The altered version does not represent itself to be a direct quote. The direct quote says it is. Then I say I'm gonna "fix" it, with a colon to show that the "fix" comes next. My data is inserted in bold in a balloon attributed to no one.

There is a difference between attributing words to someone they didn't say and what I posted. Anybody who can't tell the difference and accuses of others is an *[strike]terisk[/strike].

Moving on.