• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dont know why I didnt fully expose myself sooner...

amzbrady

All our stuff is all over after the move. I have been so accustomed to my Bladetech IWB so when I am with the family and they want to go to the mall or other places I already know do not approve of firearms, I have been able to cover up and keep going. A long time ago I bought a bulldog POS holster that is all flippy floppy, it also has a stitched edge that catches my front site, so that if I'm not fully paying attention and would need it in an emergency would cause me to throw it to my oppenents feet, :banghead: and reholstering it is a huge pain with the safety strap :cuss:. I recently came across it and made some adjustments to it so it fit a little tighter and have been wearing it, it still hangs out a bit and there is definitly no mistaking I have a firearm now. I love not having plastic jammed against my right hip. It is way more comfortable. It doesnt flip my safety off so I am able to carry chambered. And the best perk, If my wife wants to go to the mall, all I can say is I'm sorry, I'll see you when you get home.
YAY, I win. :banana:

I had to go to Bank of America today to cash a check and was in the drive thru. They asked me to pull around and they wanted me to come inside so they could count the money out in front of me. I said ok, If that is what you require. I wasnt thinking and should have had my wife snap a few photos. Nothing was mentioned of the firearm, but I had to deal with 2 tellers, the one from Drive thru, then the one at the counter, then the bank manager to authorize the pay out.

I have noticed no difference with peoples reactions between fully concealed, half concealed, and fully exposed. Guess I have still been lucky, or maybe I'm just good to go because I am past my first 10 post's.

BTW had a great time walking around the Riverfront park in Spokane Thursday.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Sounds like your having a good time. I would still ditch the Bulldog holster and get something specifically molded to your gun. It will be more comfortable and you won't have to worry about your front sight snagging. Good luck.

amzbrady

Sounds like your having a good time. I would still ditch the Bulldog holster and get something specifically molded to your gun. It will be more comfortable and you won't have to worry about your front sight snagging. Good luck.

There is nothing specifically molded to my gun. I have a 1st gen Taurus 9mm PT111 Millineum Pro. The Bladetech was the closest I been able to find to fit my Taurus. I tried a Serpa, but almost didnt get it back out of the holster is was wedged so bad, by the trigger retention.

Sorry Brady, I haven't been keeping up. Did you move to Spokane recently? I know you had contemplated it at one point.

Nope, hadnt moved, We would like to so we could get our daughter into a better school, but work is goofy and transfering is difficult. I had an appt at America's best contacts and eyeglasses, so it was a spur of the moment thing, we went to Spokane Valley and got a room for the night, I had a discount coupon. We went to I-Hop for breakfast and there was a group of like 6 or 7 guys sitting by us and I overheard, the word CPL and Utah, so I felt compelled to run out and get some pamphlets and inject myself into their conversation long enough to let them know they could Open Carry until they get their CPL so they could criminal carry. Maybe 1 will start reading up here. I am really running thin on pamphlets and need more (GUNR)... Let me know how I can send you some money and have you ship me some. We then went to the Riverfront and walked about about for bit before making the drive back. Oh, we found the white elephant, and spent about 45 minutes in there walking around while my daughter looked at every toy they had and I spent about 1 1/2 minutes looking at ALL their guns.

tombrewster421

There is nothing specifically molded to my gun. I have a 1st gen Taurus 9mm PT111 Millineum Pro. The Bladetech was the closest I been able to find to fit my Taurus. I tried a Serpa, but almost didnt get it back out of the holster is was wedged so bad, by the trigger retention.

If you have something else to carry, Blade-Tech will custom make any holster as long as you can leave your gun for the molding. I had a holster made for an old generic revolver and also got one for my Glock that allows me to keep the tactical light and laser on. It also has their WRS retention system and the modular mount. With the modular mount I can move my gin from my belt to my thigh rig and to a mount under my dashboard without having to remove the gun. It's a very secure and tool free system. I love it! I'll add pictures later.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran

I have the same gun, and found a Galco "Widow Maker" leather holster at Sportsmans Warehouse (Now Wholesale Sports) that fits it like a glove. The only retension is the thumb strap, but thats been enough for me.

amzbrady

I have the same gun, and found a Galco "Widow Maker" leather holster at Sportsmans Warehouse (Now Wholesale Sports) that fits it like a glove. The only retension is the thumb strap, but thats been enough for me.

The bulldog has a thumbstrap retention too, it just tucks down into the holster while your reholstering your firearm. That make it a Pain in the @$$. I guess I could wear my bladetech untucked, it would be held on my belt by two snapped straps, dont know how safe that would be, guess I could play with that a bit and see, might be more floppy than the Bulldog.

Last edited:

tombrewster421

Here's some pics of my setup.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551737.172962.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551737.172962.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 122
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551776.607026.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551776.607026.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 125
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551794.222659.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551794.222659.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 129
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551883.769774.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311551883.769774.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 125

amlevin

Dont know why I didnt fully expose myself sooner..

Because it's against the law to walk around exposing yourself LOL

Unless your name is Bud Clark and you're the Mayor of Portland, OR.

tumblr_lidnze66xB1qzs3xio1_400.jpg

Now THAT's Open Carry in its most basic form;)