• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Apartment security says I can't OC on apartment property?

Lostlittlerobot

Thank you for your service.

Carry how you want, leg drop holster for a service person - i have no problems with that at all. It's not illegal however you decide to carry.

Are your security people armed? You stated they showed you stuff in their car...how about while they patrol? Did they give any inclination they were threatening you with force? If they aren't armed, then have no fear. You're not violating any laws. Just nod, smile, acknowledge them. Even tell them, I understand, I agree. And continue your law abiding business. Until they threaten or force you otherwise...You know you're okay.

My condo complex security are complete opposite. They all see me carry to/from my vehicle daily and they are all unarmed(some have other jobs that are armed and we talk about weapon/holster selection etc). They routinely stop me and engage me in conversation. Handful are former military. They feel safer knowing I'm protecting myself. None have brought up that whole HMA stuff. NOW....home owners associations have also been known to evict/put leans on people for stupid stupid stuff like wrong door colors, wrong type of plants in window boxes, etc.

Be respectful, be vigiliant, and keep it up. Just be prepared for stupidness.

I wear my firearm while checking my mail too. I do conceal in a 5.11 'fanny pack' while at my condo gym though. I wear gym shorts, no belt loops etc, so its the best way I know to carry while working out/running on a treadmill. If other people saw my firearm while i was in the gym they might freak...but i usually work out alone so haven't had that occur.

28kfps

Found out today a co-workers daughter of 24 years old was walking to her car in a Las Vegas apartment she lives in this weekend a guy came up from behind her to rob her she instinctively put up a fight and he stabbed her. She is home healing nicked her lung. Very luck young lady. Why would any one want to OC in their apartment property?