• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

blackhawk

ottyboy

If the blackhawk hoster is so good why is it so hard to conceal?
I just bought one and now I don't know how to conceal it so everyone knows.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
If the blackhawk hoster is so good why is it so hard to conceal?
I just bought one and now I don't know how to conceal it so everyone knows.

Short answer: it is not designed to be a concealment holster. Blackhawks make excellent open carry holsters. If you are looking for concealment look into IWB or pancake holsters which are designed for concealment. Galco, Crossbreed, DeSantis, Comp-Tac and others all make dedicated IWB concealment holsters. Check them out. Blackhawk holsters do exactly waht they were designed to do.

77zach

ottyboy,

you might want to consider the bianchi carrylok because I find it's good for both OC and is FL compliant if you put your shirt over it since printing is legal in Fl. I'm purposely trying to print now. If you want to truly conceal, you can just tighten your belt a little and it rests tightly against you and nobody can tell you have a gun. I was in Georgia and VA for awhile and it was very nice for OC as well.

carry for myself

blackhawk started their line of holsters for primary use of LEO's and Military applicaitons ONLY. shortly after they started marketing their holsters to the civilian public after MIL and LEO's started asking where they could buy one. some moron in marketing put "serpa CQC CONCEALMENT" on the package. however it is very hard to "conceal" these holsters unless your "urckle" your pants and wear a long shirt, then it is possible to conceal the holster mid-torso with your arm.

however they suck as concealment holsters. i've tried every single way possible. good for OC. bad for CC.

IWB *in waist band* or pancake holsters are the best for concealment. IWB holds the holster and gun inside the waistband of your pants, concealing 80% of it for you, all you have to worry about is the handle and 5% of the backstrap.

Pancake holster ride OWB *outside waist band* on your belt. you will usually see police detectives using them on NICS or CSI. its thin leather, and pulls the gun very close to your body, therefore somewhat concealing. it is more compfortable than IWB as well.

good pancake brands are "strong" leather, "galco" and even blackhawk makes some good ones

IWB, Galco king tuck 2, Kangaroo holsters, or Crossbreed are also great, although kangaroo is not a IWB instead a vest you wear under your shirt.