• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Whats the average age of Open Carriers?

tim12232

So I have googled it and searched on here as well to see what the average ages are of people currently legally OCing. I dont want to step on toes as I know some are leery about giving out personal info on the internet, so you can post your age or say 21-30, 30-40, 40-50 and so on.

I will start off!!!

I am 26 years old and am very very new if not green to open carrying.

btw you dont have to say if your new or not, Im just throwing that out there, although I have been using firearms SAFELY since age 14 or so and handguns since 21!

Tim

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I'm 25, been carrying since the day I turned 21. Been shooting since I was 10.

Last edited:

hermannr

I am in the 60-70 bracket and have been OC since I became a US citizen in 1970. My dad gave me my first firearm (a ss .22) when I was 12.

I do have a CPL, but only conceal in Winter, and then only because I have a coat on.

Last edited:

eye95

56. Started OCing at 54.

You swiped someone's EVO?? I hope you weren't OC at the time. That'd be armed robbery! ;)

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Soon to be 55. Been OC since moving to Virginia in 2003. Been around guns as long as I can remember.

At one time (may have been before the forum software changed) there was a poll-type question about ages, with 5- or 10-year intervals, but I haven't noted it in a while.

GuidoZ

34, had guns for years, but didn't OC until moving to WA state. Couldn't get a CPL where I cam from (Iowa), even though I tried and had a valid reason. Ah well. I love the gun laws and treatment in WA state. CPL was easy as pie (here's my form and $$$, arrived a week later). Sold off all my guns before moving to WA state, so just recently picked up the ones I have. :banana:

--
Peace. ~G

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
OWDWAG - 72 years young!

Been shooting since I was 8 - been carrying since I was 28, OCing for about last 10 years according to DoubleTap.