• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody wear a western holster/belt rig?

Fisherman

Anyone wear a western rig occasionally or all of the time? If so, let's see some photos. I'm considering one for a barbecue rig and if they come back in style a most of the time rig. I like one called the Wild Bunch III for my 1911. I'll post a link later if I can find it.

ISRAEL

Anyone wear a western rig occasionally or all of the time? If so, let's see some photos. I'm considering one for a barbecue rig and if they come back in style a most of the time rig. I like one called the Wild Bunch III for my 1911. I'll post a link later if I can find it.

I do make my own holsters and belts I have made a new "Mexican" style for my two 357 single action, I was going to whear it at our pic nic here in Boise, Id. but the saturday they choose is when I am going on vacation to El Salvador. anybody can see the pictures of my holsters in my page in Facebook.I do not sell them I made them to fill my body, hahahaha. david diaz.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I do make my own holsters and belts I have made a new "Mexican" style for my two 357 single action, I was going to whear it at our pic nic here in Boise, Id. but the saturday they choose is when I am going on vacation to El Salvador. anybody can see the pictures of my holsters in my page in Facebook.I do not sell them I made them to fill my body, hahahaha. david diaz.

Sounds cool. Don't make us trek all the way to Facebook. Post a couple pictures here please!!

Wolfgang1952

I do. I wear a western drop loop or buscadero style belt and holster, stock # OTP-101BRPL I got mine from The Old Trading Post. Cost me just a little over a hundred bucks. I love it.

http://www.oldtradingpost.com/

010a-1.jpg

WalkingWolf

I open carry with a 2 inch basket weave belt with a basket weave holster identical to the Bianca Lawman holster. A very affordable rig, belt was originally a natural colored tool belt that lined with leather from old chaps, dyed dark brown. Holster I got extremely lucky on and bought for 16 dollars off of ebay, seems the seller did not know it was a !00 plus holster. Ammo carrier is a russet cap pouch, I keep 18 rounds in the pouch. Knife is a medium sized Timber Rattler in basket weave also dyed dark brown. I also carry a utility knife in a dark brown folding knife pouch. Unfortunately I have not got around to a flashlight pouch. I know a lot of stuff but I am in the woods I need a good fixed blade, as well as a utility razor. The flashlight is currently in a cheap black pepper spray case. A very affordable rig that looks good that I am proud to wear out in public as well. I get positive comments almost every time I am out. The firearm is a original 51 colt cartridge conversion rebuilt by the same gunsmith who works on Tom Sellecks guns. The barrel was relined with modern steel, and cut to 5.5 inches, cylinder replaced with a modern steel cylinder, and tuned.

WesternHolster

My rig

I don't open carry in public, but I do around the farm. This is what I wear.Buscadero.jpg
This was also from Oldtradingpost.com. People say they that it's hard to work in buscadero or fast draw rigs. I don't find it a big problem unless I'm running, the hammer strap is a little long but would be better if it was tight, then running would be an option.

Fisherman

I don't open carry in public, but I do around the farm. This is what I wear.View attachment 6614
This was also from Oldtradingpost.com. People say they that it's hard to work in buscadero or fast draw rigs. I don't find it a big problem unless I'm running, the hammer strap is a little long but would be better if it was tight, then running would be an option.

I like that. Very nice. I've been looking at the holsters at Oldtradingpost.com for a while.

Wolfgang1952

I have three of their holsters. One OTP-101 BRPL which is a plain brown belt and holster. The other two are OTP-101 BRTL which are Brown leather with hand tooling.

What I like about Old Trading Post, they are very nice to work with.

WesternHolster

I have three of their holsters. One OTP-101 BRPL which is a plain brown belt and holster. The other two are OTP-101 BRTL which are Brown leather with hand tooling.

What I like about Old Trading Post, they are very nice to work with.

I think you have the same rig as me :D? I was debating whether to get the black powder rig or this one. Is it an inconvenience riding with a buscadero rig?

but these hand tooled rigs are so much better quality then you can find anywhere else for $100 or less. They have high riders/drop loop hand tooled rigs. Maybe my measurements were wrong for determining the drop length but I've have fixed it slightly. Well worth the money and the wait since they are all hand made.

Wolfgang1952

I think you have the same rig as me :D? I was debating whether to get the black powder rig or this one. Is it an inconvenience riding with a buscadero rig?

but these hand tooled rigs are so much better quality then you can find anywhere else for $100 or less. They have high riders/drop loop hand tooled rigs. Maybe my measurements were wrong for determining the drop length but I've have fixed it slightly. Well worth the money and the wait since they are all hand made.

I usually ride with it tied down anyway. The thumb strap is tight, no worries.
The first one I got was the OTP-101NTPL = Plain Leather Western Cowboy Drop Loop, not what I wanted. I call Mike at OTP and he had just what I wanted and sent it out right away. He sent me the OTP-101BRPL = Plain Leather Western Gun Belt and Holster. Then I bought three of their OTP-101BRTL’s = Brown Western Leather Gun Belt and Holster. For the price you can’t beat them.
I use my plain leather one for every day and my tooled leather ones for dress up. This is a list of the ones I have.

OTP-101BRPL’s
1 38cal 5 ½”
OTP-101BRTL’s
1 38cal 7 ½”
2 38cal 10”
3 44cal 7 ½”

Fisherman

I usually ride with it tied down anyway. The thumb strap is tight, no worries.
The first one I got was the OTP-101NTPL = Plain Leather Western Cowboy Drop Loop, not what I wanted. I call Mike at OTP and he had just what I wanted and sent it out right away. He sent me the OTP-101BRPL = Plain Leather Western Gun Belt and Holster. Then I bought three of their OTP-101BRTL’s = Brown Western Leather Gun Belt and Holster. For the price you can’t beat them.
I use my plain leather one for every day and my tooled leather ones for dress up. This is a list of the ones I have.

OTP-101BRPL’s
1 38cal 5 ½”
OTP-101BRTL’s
1 38cal 7 ½”
2 38cal 10”
3 44cal 7 ½”

That's a nice one. I'd like to have one just like that for a 1911 as well as a 7 1/2" Blackhawk in 45LC. So, instead of the loops, the one for the 1911 would have 3 or 4 mag pouches.