Thread: CCW @ Lambeau field ...what say's the hive ? will they or won't they ?

CCW @ Lambeau field ...what say's the hive ? will they or won't they ?

I just bought a ticket for the Sept 1st preseason game. Section 105 / row 1 ((( IN THE LEAP ZONE ))) yeee HAAAA !

http://youtu.be/MmR1cXl4JwI

i CAN'T AFFORD A TICKET TO AN ACTUAL GAME, the Leap zone 1st row preseason ticket was $125.00 , a ticket to a real game $ 250.00 + for a decent seat...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-23-2011 at 05:33 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I just bought a ticket for the Sept 1st preseason game. Section 105 / row 1 ((( IN THE LEAP ZONE ))) yeee HAAAA !

http://youtu.be/MmR1cXl4JwI

i CAN'T AFFORD A TICKET TO AN ACTUAL GAME, the Leap zone 1st row preseason ticket was $125.00 , a ticket to a real game $ 250.00 + for a decent seat...
    Well definitely NOT for your preseason Game !
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

I am 100% sure that they will ban lawful carry, if they haven't already.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
    Well definitely NOT for your preseason Game !
    Yes, i do understand that, i was just saying that I will be at a game again this year....but I only see preseason games..too poor to fork out the big bucks
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

The NFL has already stated that there are no weapons allowed at any stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Gomir View Post
    The NFL has already stated that there are no weapons allowed at any stadium
    Cite?

You'll have to wait to see if the Packers infringe!

So here's the skinny... The NFL has a policy that prohibits fans from entering any stadium with a gun, but according to Pro Football Talk, Lambeau Field is technically owned by the City of Green Bay and the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District. The NFL may not be able to enforce the policy because the stadium isn't owned by a private company. Yee haw...

The Stadium District's executive director, Pat Webb, said he's not sure what the new law means. "I don't know enough about Wisconsin's specific law to know if the stadiums are exempt or not or can be exempt," Webb said.

According to FOX11, the law does not allow you to carry a concealed gun into a building owned or leased by the state of Wisconsin, but what is Lambeau considered?

"The building itself is a government owned building, but whether it's considered a government building for the definitions of any kind of law, I don't know that at this point in time," said Webb

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    Cite?
    I could careless what the NFL say's...they don't dictate state law...

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    I could careless what the NFL say's...they don't dictate state law...
    ^^^This^^^
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by wild boar View Post
    So here's the skinny... The NFL has a policy that prohibits fans from entering any stadium with a gun, but according to Pro Football Talk, Lambeau Field is technically owned by the City of Green Bay and the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District. The NFL may not be able to enforce the policy because the stadium isn't owned by a private company. Yee haw...

The Stadium District's executive director, Pat Webb, said he's not sure what the new law means. "I don't know enough about Wisconsin's specific law to know if the stadiums are exempt or not or can be exempt," Webb said.

According to FOX11, the law does not allow you to carry a concealed gun into a building owned or leased by the state of Wisconsin, but what is Lambeau considered?

"The building itself is a government owned building, but whether it's considered a government building for the definitions of any kind of law, I don't know that at this point in time," said Webb
    Not to mention, the team itself is owned by 112,015 people, and no one is allowed to have a controlling interest.

I guess it's a wait and see thang..It will be interesting to see if they are NOT legally able to forbid ccw & then what the big bad NFL will say about it if people are legally allowed to enter Lambeau on Game day with CCW
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-24-2011 at 08:52 PM.

Kinda funny how this is all a big deal now, when open carry has been in effect and hasn't created a fuss.

Anyway, Act 35 allows a private organization that leases a government-owned property to ban weapons in the buildings and on the grounds that the private organization occupies. A unit of government can ban weapons in buildings that the government occupies, but it can't ban them outdoors. And finally, special event organizers can ban weapons in controlled/fenced areas that are locked or require admission. (There's an exception or two to all this, such as college property and vehicles.)

From all that it would seem that in any case, weapons can be banned in the stadium building. Can they be banned on the grounds? Not if the occupant's "any local unit of government." I don't know if the District's considered a unit of government. If it's not, and it leases the grounds from the City, the District can ban weapons outdoors on the grounds around the stadium as well.

FWIW, I don't agree with Fox about state buildings. They have to post signs like everybody else for the most part. The exceptions are limited to corrections etc.

Angry Looks like the hardliners will be missing football

Infringing bastards!

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    But if they allowed it, we could all be packers! *rimshot*

Unfortunately they'll probably post. Last game I went to, the Dallas game two years ago, I picked the wrong line and got frisked by a male police officer when right next door was a beautiful police women. That would have been about the only search I would have consented to.

P.S. The law allows goverment buildings to post but does not require it.
    Last edited by Brass Magnet; 07-25-2011 at 10:45 AM.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    But if they allowed it, we could all be packers! *rimshot*
    Good one!

Unfortunately they'll probably post. Last game I went to, the Dallas game two years ago, I picked the wrong line and got frisked by a male police officer when right next door was a beautiful police women. That would have been about the only search I would have consented to.

P.S. The law allows goverment buildings to post but does not require it.
    Good clarification, thanks. I should have said they have to post signs IF they elect to curtail 2A rights in their buildings.

NFL gun policy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378990

You and your family can easily be the losers if you carry or keep these items in your home.
    WTF?! What a bunch of .

http://jasminesadry81.wordpress.com/...d-why-dontcha/

Crowley indicates how the NFL bans guns from all stadiums (which is obviously a smart decision)Ėbut there will be a meeting next month to discuss what to do with concealed carry and Lambeau Field.
    How is it smart when someone is defenseless? I'm sure we all remember what happened in LA at a Dodgers/Giants game:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/0...-brain-damage/
    Last edited by protias; 07-25-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Read it carefully, it is talking to "This policy applies to all employees of the NFL and its member clubs, including players.", it doesn't apply to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Read it carefully, it is talking to "This policy applies to all employees of the NFL and its member clubs, including players.", it doesn't apply to fans.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ed-at-lambeau/

According to Fox 11, the NFL has a policy that fans arenít allowed to carry guns into any stadium. But depending on how Wisconsinís new law is interpreted, the NFL may not have the right to enforce that policy: The stadium is owned by the City of Green Bay and Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District, not the NFL.
    Hmm, interesting.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Wow, what a stupid policy. Not only do they prohibit on NFL property or while representing the NFL, but they have an opinion on your home life too. "Firearms are extremely dangerous", so are cars, knives, and sky diving, so what? I agree with NFL's right to ban it's employee from carrying, but they overstep their bounds when they start interfering in the players personal lives.

Lest we forget that over 10 yrs ago the wonderful Pack went crying to the city for money to redo Lambeau field OR ELSE they threatened to move to Milwaukee. God forbid this dirt poor group that plays a game for a living should leave us, so we have had a .5% 5 year max duration tax for 11 years now with no end in sight. Good 'ol Pack have been sucking that tit over twice as long as they "promised". Then they had the balls to make season ticket holders BUY their seats for over $800 each.
    What really shows their class is bragging about their millions in profits.
    Kinda like me crying for help to pay my $2000/ month mortgage when I make $250k a year and drive a couple Suburbans and an H2 for the weekends.

So, being that I am one of the fools paying for this public facility my rights should not be infringed upon at Lambeau.

........Stuck paying Po-lock
    Any one of you lily livered, flea bitten, bow legged varmints care to slap leather with me?

A.S.N.F.
    A Son NEVER Forgets

Quote Originally Posted by Da Po-lock View Post
    Lest we forget that over 10 yrs ago the wonderful Pack went crying to the city for money to redo Lambeau field OR ELSE they threatened to move to Milwaukee. God forbid this dirt poor group that plays a game for a living should leave us, so we have had a .5% 5 year max duration tax for 11 years now with no end in sight. Good 'ol Pack have been sucking that tit over twice as long as they "promised". Then they had the balls to make season ticket holders BUY their seats for over $800 each.
    What really shows their class is bragging about their millions in profits.
    Kinda like me crying for help to pay my $2000/ month mortgage when I make $250k a year and drive a couple Suburbans and an H2 for the weekends.

So, being that I am one of the fools paying for this public facility my rights should not be infringed upon at Lambeau.

........Stuck paying Po-lock
    Agree 100%..Brown county tax payers got Banboozled /Suckered into paying that .05 % sales tax, I voted NO on that years ago.... they say 2014 will be the last year of the Tax...do you think that .05% will cease ??? No they will use it for something else and say..well evereyone is used to paying it now so no need to stop STEALING from the tax payer....
    Funny so many MORON Packer fans Voted YES... I mean I love the Packers..but not enough to be taxed so a Multimillion dollar ENTERTAINMENT corporation can pay people Millions of Dollars each year.....I own a small business I don't foresee the tax payers helping me out...

Brown county residents should get free tickets , a lottery each year where 25,000 Brown county residents get a chance to win a free ticket to a game.... NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 07-26-2011 at 11:07 PM.