• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW @ Lambeau field ...what say's the hive ? will they or won't they ?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I just bought a ticket for the Sept 1st preseason game. Section 105 / row 1 ((( IN THE LEAP ZONE ))) yeee HAAAA !

http://youtu.be/MmR1cXl4JwI

i CAN'T AFFORD A TICKET TO AN ACTUAL GAME, the Leap zone 1st row preseason ticket was $125.00 , a ticket to a real game $ 250.00 + for a decent seat...

Last edited:

littlewolf

I just bought a ticket for the Sept 1st preseason game. Section 105 / row 1 ((( IN THE LEAP ZONE ))) yeee HAAAA !

http://youtu.be/MmR1cXl4JwI

i CAN'T AFFORD A TICKET TO AN ACTUAL GAME, the Leap zone 1st row preseason ticket was $125.00 , a ticket to a real game $ 250.00 + for a decent seat...

Well definitely NOT for your preseason Game !

wild boar

You'll have to wait to see if the Packers infringe!

So here's the skinny... The NFL has a policy that prohibits fans from entering any stadium with a gun, but according to Pro Football Talk, Lambeau Field is technically owned by the City of Green Bay and the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District. The NFL may not be able to enforce the policy because the stadium isn't owned by a private company. Yee haw...

The Stadium District's executive director, Pat Webb, said he's not sure what the new law means. "I don't know enough about Wisconsin's specific law to know if the stadiums are exempt or not or can be exempt," Webb said.

According to FOX11, the law does not allow you to carry a concealed gun into a building owned or leased by the state of Wisconsin, but what is Lambeau considered?

"The building itself is a government owned building, but whether it's considered a government building for the definitions of any kind of law, I don't know that at this point in time," said Webb

KBCraig

So here's the skinny... The NFL has a policy that prohibits fans from entering any stadium with a gun, but according to Pro Football Talk, Lambeau Field is technically owned by the City of Green Bay and the Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District. The NFL may not be able to enforce the policy because the stadium isn't owned by a private company. Yee haw...

The Stadium District's executive director, Pat Webb, said he's not sure what the new law means. "I don't know enough about Wisconsin's specific law to know if the stadiums are exempt or not or can be exempt," Webb said.

According to FOX11, the law does not allow you to carry a concealed gun into a building owned or leased by the state of Wisconsin, but what is Lambeau considered?

"The building itself is a government owned building, but whether it's considered a government building for the definitions of any kind of law, I don't know that at this point in time," said Webb

Not to mention, the team itself is owned by 112,015 people, and no one is allowed to have a controlling interest.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

I guess it's a wait and see thang..It will be interesting to see if they are NOT legally able to forbid ccw & then what the big bad NFL will say about it if people are legally allowed to enter Lambeau on Game day with CCW :)

Last edited:

LaBomba

Kinda funny how this is all a big deal now, when open carry has been in effect and hasn't created a fuss.

Anyway, Act 35 allows a private organization that leases a government-owned property to ban weapons in the buildings and on the grounds that the private organization occupies. A unit of government can ban weapons in buildings that the government occupies, but it can't ban them outdoors. And finally, special event organizers can ban weapons in controlled/fenced areas that are locked or require admission. (There's an exception or two to all this, such as college property and vehicles.)

From all that it would seem that in any case, weapons can be banned in the stadium building. Can they be banned on the grounds? Not if the occupant's "any local unit of government." I don't know if the District's considered a unit of government. If it's not, and it leases the grounds from the City, the District can ban weapons outdoors on the grounds around the stadium as well.

FWIW, I don't agree with Fox about state buildings. They have to post signs like everybody else for the most part. The exceptions are limited to corrections etc.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
But if they allowed it, we could all be packers! *rimshot*

Unfortunately they'll probably post. Last game I went to, the Dallas game two years ago, I picked the wrong line and got frisked by a male police officer when right next door was a beautiful police women. That would have been about the only search I would have consented to. :D

P.S. The law allows goverment buildings to post but does not require it.

Last edited:

LaBomba

But if they allowed it, we could all be packers! *rimshot*

Good one!

Unfortunately they'll probably post. Last game I went to, the Dallas game two years ago, I picked the wrong line and got frisked by a male police officer when right next door was a beautiful police women. That would have been about the only search I would have consented to. :D

P.S. The law allows goverment buildings to post but does not require it.

Good clarification, thanks. I should have said they have to post signs IF they elect to curtail 2A rights in their buildings.

protias

NFL gun policy

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378990

You and your family can easily be the losers if you carry or keep these items in your home.

WTF?! What a bunch of :cuss:.

http://jasminesadry81.wordpress.com...ng-those-guns-into-lambeau-field-why-dontcha/

Crowley indicates how the NFL bans guns from all stadiums (which is obviously a smart decision)–but there will be a meeting next month to discuss what to do with concealed carry and Lambeau Field.

How is it smart when someone is defenseless? I'm sure we all remember what happened in LA at a Dodgers/Giants game:

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2011/04/05/san-francisco-giants-fan-beaten-dodger-game-brain-damage/

Last edited:

protias

Read it carefully, it is talking to "This policy applies to all employees of the NFL and its member clubs, including players.", it doesn't apply to fans.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-not-sure-if-guns-will-be-allowed-at-lambeau/

According to Fox 11, the NFL has a policy that fans aren’t allowed to carry guns into any stadium. But depending on how Wisconsin’s new law is interpreted, the NFL may not have the right to enforce that policy: The stadium is owned by the City of Green Bay and Green Bay/Brown County Professional Football Stadium District, not the NFL.

Hmm, interesting.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member

Wow, what a stupid policy. Not only do they prohibit on NFL property or while representing the NFL, but they have an opinion on your home life too. "Firearms are extremely dangerous", so are cars, knives, and sky diving, so what? I agree with NFL's right to ban it's employee from carrying, but they overstep their bounds when they start interfering in the players personal lives.

Da Po-lock

Lest we forget that over 10 yrs ago the wonderful Pack went crying to the city for money to redo Lambeau field OR ELSE they threatened to move to Milwaukee. God forbid this dirt poor group that plays a game for a living should leave us, so we have had a .5% 5 year max duration tax for 11 years now with no end in sight. Good 'ol Pack have been sucking that tit over twice as long as they "promised". Then they had the balls to make season ticket holders BUY their seats for over $800 each.
What really shows their class is bragging about their millions in profits.
Kinda like me crying for help to pay my $2000/ month mortgage when I make $250k a year and drive a couple Suburbans and an H2 for the weekends.

So, being that I am one of the fools paying for this public facility my rights should not be infringed upon at Lambeau.

........Stuck paying Po-lock