Thread: How does NH rate along side other states?

How does NH rate along side other states?

Ive noticed in a few threads that some were complaining about OCing in NH and the laws here not being so wonderfull. Now I have an LTC in NH, ME and MA. BY far MA is the worst. I would put ME next, you can OC there, have castle doctrine and is a shall issue with resonable fees. They have a funky alchohol/ bar statement in the law. NH, besides VT seems like the best in the North east. OC is good, castle doctrine, no bar ruling, resident fee low. I know we just missed constitutional carry this summer and Govner vetoed the stand your ground bill. The liberals are killing us here but none the less NH seems like a winner. How about through out the country? I dont know all the other states laws, but besides the states that got Const. Carry, wouldn't NH be in the top five? Your thoughts please...

NH has the best system of any state that requires a permit to carry concealed. Aside from the ultimate goal of constitutional carry, the only downside is that loaded car carry requires a license. There's also the issue of loaded firearms on OHRVs, which should have the same status as motor vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    . There's also the issue of loaded firearms on OHRVs, which should have the same status as motor vehicles.
    There are no issues I'm aware of. Permit required for carrying in a motor vehicle.

Here's a link to a thread that I started which contains a document detailing a "freedom index" for all of the States. It is a libertarian perspective, and NH ranks #1 in the country for OVERALL freedom.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...e%29-June-2011

Worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by MagsH2 View Post
    There are no issues I'm aware of. Permit required for carrying in a motor vehicle.
    OHRVs aren't "motor vehicles", though.

I was misremembering, and I thought the ban on carrying loaded firearms on OHRVs included handguns. It doesn't.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../207/207-7.htm

207:7 Hunting From Motor Vehicle, OHRV, Snowmobile, Boat, or Aircraft.
    I. No person shall take or attempt to take wild birds or wild animals from a motor vehicle, OHRV, snowmobile as defined in RSA 215-C:1, boat, aircraft or other craft propelled by mechanical power.
    II. No person shall have or carry, in or on a motor vehicle, OHRV, snowmobile, or aircraft, whether moving or stationary, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.
    III. No person shall have in or on a boat or other craft while being propelled by mechanical power, or in a boat or other craft being towed by a boat or other craft propelled by mechanical power, a cocked crossbow, a loaded rifle or loaded shotgun, or a rifle or shotgun with a cartridge in a magazine or clip attached to the gun.
    IV. The provisions of this section shall not apply to law enforcement officers carrying guns in the line of duty.

State motto of "Live free or die" kinda says it all...(16 years living in NH)
    "For any man who sheds his blood with me this day shall be my brother...And gentlemen now abed shall think themselves accursed, they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whilst any speaks who fought with us on Crispin's day." Henry V