Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Skagit County OC Report

  1. #1
    Regular Member GuidoZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Skagit County, WA
    Posts
    192

    Skagit County OC Report

    OC'd for the first time in Sedro-Woolley today. Went for a 3 mile walk through town and residential area with no issues at all. (Walk even took me right by the police/fire station.) Was greeted friendly by a few passerby's, including someone else with their chldren, though I did get a head turn from someone in a Fire Dept pickup. Never had a problem yet anywhere in Skagit County.

    --
    Peace. ~G
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr

  2. #2
    Regular Member SpyderTattoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kent, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,018
    Good job bro
    Certified Glock Armorer

    "A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

    A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

  3. #3
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Right on!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Skagit Valley, Washington
    Posts
    451
    Skagit county is a really easy place to OC. I have had very few incidents of any kind. I did get a surprise in Concrete once when I was walking into the grocery store. It was during muzzleloading season so I had my ROA strapped on. The granny lady was coming out with a basket of groceries pushed by the bagging boy. She screams "He's got a gun!" at the top of her little bitty lungs. The bagger boy just looks at me and rolls his eyes....


    Nicely done on your part!
    Last edited by Hammer; 07-24-2011 at 01:47 PM.

  5. #5
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    The very first place I ever OC'd was Sedro-Woolley, that was 1970. They had a "Cowboy Quick Draw" competition down on Metcalf right in front of the old bank building (it was still a bank back then).

    After the competition I struck up a conversation with one of the contestants about carrying. (there were probably 100 people walking around with guns OC) He was the one that clued me into OC, so I just went home, got out my big Colt revolver (full cover holster, not a quick draw holster) and went back down to town....

    Went everywhere, never a word. Been OC since. I do now have a CLP, but I did not then. I only CC in winter, and then only becasue I have a coat on.
    Last edited by hermannr; 07-24-2011 at 04:46 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Greg30-06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    30

    lets revive this one

    My cpl recently expired so I have been oc'ing quite a bit lately. yesterday I went to lowes and walked astound for about an hour with no problems. Cashier seemed to notice it on my hip but didn't say a word. Hardest and scariest part of oc'ing without a cpl is loading and unloading at my truck. It puts one at risk of someone seeing you draw your gun. Anyone else have reservations about that?

  7. #7
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg30-06 View Post
    My cpl recently expired so I have been oc'ing quite a bit lately. yesterday I went to lowes and walked astound for about an hour with no problems. Cashier seemed to notice it on my hip but didn't say a word. Hardest and scariest part of oc'ing without a cpl is loading and unloading at my truck. It puts one at risk of someone seeing you draw your gun. Anyone else have reservations about that?
    That is part of the "Lowry legacy" that just has to go...actually was part of the reason after years and years of unlicensed OC...I finally broke down and got my CPL....You know it wasn't always that way. Maybe if we get McKenna as Gov, and get rid of a few ppeople in the legislature,,,,like Adam Smith.....

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    That is part of the "Lowry legacy" that just has to go...actually was part of the reason after years and years of unlicensed OC...I finally broke down and got my CPL....You know it wasn't always that way. Maybe if we get McKenna as Gov, and get rid of a few ppeople in the legislature,,,,like Adam Smith.....
    Smith is in the U.S. House of Representatives, he does not vote on state law. http://adamsmith.house.gov/
    Live Free or Die!

  9. #9
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    Quote Originally Posted by gogodawgs View Post
    Smith is in the U.S. House of Representatives, he does not vote on state law. http://adamsmith.house.gov/
    Ok, I believe he was a WA state Senator in 1994? Or is my memory that bad there too?

    I absolutely will not argue with you...

  10. #10
    Campaign Veteran gogodawgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Ok, I believe he was a WA state Senator in 1994? Or is my memory that bad there too?

    I absolutely will not argue with you...
    Correct, he was in the state senate from 90-98.

    BTW, Smith voted for HR 822 (national reciprocity). However, I view it as a BS vote to cover his a$$
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 06-05-2012 at 11:12 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •