Thread: Gunman kills self, 5 others at Texas roller rink

Gunman kills self, 5 others at Texas roller rink

http://usat.ly/nvJ7bt

Just another example that violence can happen anytime and anywhere. Be armed and be aware.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    http://usat.ly/nvJ7bt

Just another example that violence can happen anytime and anywhere. Be armed and be aware.
    True as far as it goes. But, violence does not happen all the time everywhere. No sense scaring ourselves into worrying about something more than it deserves.

Just try to stay in Condition Yellow. You'll do fine.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/color.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    True as far as it goes. But, violence does not happen all the time everywhere. No sense scaring ourselves into worrying about something more than it deserves.

Just try to stay in Condition Yellow. You'll do fine.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/color.htm
    Of course. I wasn't trying to incite public fear :-) Just a general observation. I agree with you 100%. Thanks for sharing the link, hadn't seen it before. It was good information.

I'm assuming that the order of events listed in the headline is not how it ACTUALLY happened, right?

Because that would be some trick, to kill oneself, and THEN shoot 5 other people.

And it would be even more difficult on roller skates.

Just sayin'....
    Last edited by Dreamer; 07-24-2011 at 12:59 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I'm assuming that the order of events listed in the headline is not how it ACTUALLY happened, right?

Because that would be some trick, to kill oneself, and THEN shoot 5 other people.

And it would be even more difficult on roller skates.

Just sayin'....
    Gotta love the English language!

"It doesn't make any sense," Raspberry said. "I don't feel safe at all."
    And whose fault would that be? As we all know, the cops have no duty to protect us, so even carrying one around all day is no assurance of safety.

This incident is so outside the norm that, unless one were to take steps to provide for the completely unexpected (some folks, I hear, call that "being prepared to defend yourself") there would be no way to deal with it except by being a victim. Most of us know that if we expect trouble to be there we stay away. But if trouble manages to follow us, we have some means of dealing with it. That's why we feel "safer" than Mr. Rasberry.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Check out some of the user comments...I'm still amazed at the ignorance of some people.