• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gunman kills self, 5 others at Texas roller rink

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
True as far as it goes. But, violence does not happen all the time everywhere. No sense scaring ourselves into worrying about something more than it deserves.

Just try to stay in Condition Yellow. You'll do fine.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/color.htm

Of course. I wasn't trying to incite public fear :) Just a general observation. I agree with you 100%. Thanks for sharing the link, hadn't seen it before. It was good information.

Dreamer

I'm assuming that the order of events listed in the headline is not how it ACTUALLY happened, right?

Because that would be some trick, to kill oneself, and THEN shoot 5 other people.

And it would be even more difficult on roller skates. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'....

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I'm assuming that the order of events listed in the headline is not how it ACTUALLY happened, right?

Because that would be some trick, to kill oneself, and THEN shoot 5 other people.

And it would be even more difficult on roller skates. :rolleyes:

Just sayin'....

Gotta love the English language!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
"It doesn't make any sense," Raspberry said. "I don't feel safe at all."

And whose fault would that be? As we all know, the cops have no duty to protect us, so even carrying one around all day is no assurance of safety.

This incident is so outside the norm that, unless one were to take steps to provide for the completely unexpected (some folks, I hear, call that "being prepared to defend yourself") there would be no way to deal with it except by being a victim. Most of us know that if we expect trouble to be there we stay away. But if trouble manages to follow us, we have some means of dealing with it. That's why we feel "safer" than Mr. Rasberry.

stay safe.

MetalChris

Check out some of the user comments...I'm still amazed at the ignorance of some people.