• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CC while deer hunting!

Interceptor_Knight

I really don't know what "legally occupies" means.
I am guessing this comment includes private land that we have permission to be on as well? Even though we dont own it? Thanks
Not unless you legally occupy it (live there for certain and possibly use to raise livestock or plant/harvest crops)..... Otherwise you could carry concealed on all property everywhere you legally may travel unless otherwise prohibited.

Last edited:

Mlutz

Not unless you legally occupy it (live there for certain and possibly use to raise livestock or plant/harvest crops)..... Otherwise you could carry concealed on all property everywhere you legally may travel unless otherwise prohibited.

I like that idea... :p

safcrkr

srt20:

You can conceal carry during hunting once you get a conceal carry permit. I posted earlier a response I received from the DNR regarding SB93 and the 2011 deer hunting regulations. It is self explanatory. Hunters probably will not be able to CC this hunting season for most hunting. The DoJ has announced they will not be taking any CC applications until Nov. 1. For the first four months after Nov 1 the DoJ has 45 days to process the applications. Most likely applications received Nov 1 won't be issued until after the majority of the 2011 hunting seasons are over. Technically the DoJ doesn't have to begin issuing permits until Dec 15.

Bold is incorrect. They have 45 days only until Dec. 1st. That 4 month clock starting ticking the day after publication, not Nov. 1st.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/2011/related/acts/35

(from)Section 100

(2) Notwithstanding section 175.60 (9) (b) of the statutes, as created by this act, beginning on the effective date of this subsection and ending on the first day of the 5th month beginning after the effective date of this subsection, the department of justice shall, as soon as practicable and without delay, but no longer than 45 days, after receiving a complete application under section 175.60 (7) of the statutes, as created by this act, for a license to carry a concealed weapon, do one of the following:

------------------------------------------

(from) Section 101

Section 101. Effective dates. This act takes effect on the first day of the 4th month beginning after publication, except as follows:
(1) The treatment of sections 66.0409 (6), 165.25 (12), 175.49 (4), 175.60 (2m) and (5), and 947.01 (2) of the statutes and Section 100 (1) and (2) of this act take effect on the day after publication.

-----------------------------------------

The 45 day "extension" is in section 100 (2). As you can see in section 101's listing of effective dates, section 100 (2) is to take effect the day after publication. Publication was July 22. The 1st day of the 5th month after the day after publication is Dec. 1st.

Last edited: