Thread: City of Waukesha Parks

City of Waukesha Parks

The city of waukesha stated they are considering banning cc/oc from any city park with new ordinances they are going to make.....

They can try it. It will never stand though, and they will be out a ton of money in legal fees.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Regular Member oliverclotheshoff's Avatar
    sounds like an oc picnic in waukasha might be in order
    SCOTT

"When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns"

"When seconds count police are minutes away"

"Dialing 911 only takes seconds but waiting for help may take the rest of your life"

http://g2-elite.com/phpbb/index.php Shed Hunting

The Freeman had two things in an article...city hall and city parks.

By state statute they cannot ban guns in city parks. They should figure this out, however if they don't, the people on this forum who live in Waukesha will have to help inform them.

They can, however, ban them from city hall. (currently they are banned by the "gov't building" statute)

People, I don't think that too many city halls will allow guns inside. We need to accept this as a reality that your local government doesn't want you carrying a gun in city hall. They have no motivation to respect your ability to carry a gun there. It only takes 1 concerned government paper pusher to enact a ban in the local city government offices.

Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    The Freeman had two things in an article...city hall and city parks.

By state statute they cannot ban guns in city parks. They should figure this out, however if they don't, the people on this forum who live in Waukesha will have to help inform them.

They can, however, ban them from city hall. (currently they are banned by the "gov't building" statute)

People, I don't think that too many city halls will allow guns inside. We need to accept this as a reality that your local government doesn't want you carrying a gun in city hall. They have no motivation to respect your ability to carry a gun there. It only takes 1 concerned government paper pusher to enact a ban in the local city government offices.
    They cannot pass an ordinance due to preemption. When they can do is post a sign on the building (every entrance), but then again, they would not be immune from a lawsuit if something happened there.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)