Thread: Walther PK 380

Walther PK 380

Hello all,

I am a 35 y/o lady who is now carrying a walther pk380. I have an uncle mikes pancake holster with a snap safety that goes around the grip. Anyone have any tips or advice? I have just started OC and am going to apply for my CC permit tomorrow. I am in Idaho presently. Thanks in advance!

Amy

Welcome to OCDO!!!! Stick around here and you will learn a lot!!

You can go here to get some basic information about OC in Idaho.

http://opencarry.org/id.html

I also suggest that you check out the Idaho forum here.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...y.php?96-Idaho

How do you like your Walther?
    Last edited by thebigsd; 07-24-2011 at 06:44 PM.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Thanks big

I love it. Its not to big, easy to handle/load etc. This is my first gun. I just passed hunter education yesterday. I got it for protection at home and when I go out fishing. I have encountered several weirdos out and about. I am a little nervous about OC'ing it; I suppose Ill get used to it. Dont think Ill carry it in public much, it might freak to many people out.

Quote Originally Posted by user345678 View Post
    I love it. Its not to big, easy to handle/load etc. This is my first gun. I just passed hunter education yesterday. I got it for protection at home and when I go out fishing. I have encountered several weirdos out and about. I am a little nervous about OC'ing it; I suppose Ill get used to it. Dont think Ill carry it in public much, it might freak to many people out.
    I think you will find just the opposite if you start open carrying. It is typically a non-issue. Most people either don't notice or don't care. Just make sure you are well aware of the laws in your state in case you are stopped by an LEO. Also if it is legal in your state you should consider carrying a recorder. I have been OCing for 4 years and have not had any encounters with any LEO. I have had one negative encounter with a fellow citizen compared with more than 30 positive encounters. I encourage you to open carry for a week and see how it goes. Good luck.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Pics or it didn't happen!

(welcome!)
    A gun in a holster is better than one drawn and dispensing bullets. Concealed forces the latter. - ixtow

Hi, I'm hypercritical. But I mean no harm, I just like to try to look deeply at life