• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walther PK 380

user345678

Hello all,

I am a 35 y/o lady who is now carrying a walther pk380. I have an uncle mikes pancake holster with a snap safety that goes around the grip. Anyone have any tips or advice? I have just started OC and am going to apply for my CC permit tomorrow. I am in Idaho presently. Thanks in advance!

Amy

user345678

I love it. Its not to big, easy to handle/load etc. This is my first gun. I just passed hunter education yesterday. I got it for protection at home and when I go out fishing. I have encountered several weirdos out and about. I am a little nervous about OC'ing it; I suppose Ill get used to it. Dont think Ill carry it in public much, it might freak to many people out.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I love it. Its not to big, easy to handle/load etc. This is my first gun. I just passed hunter education yesterday. I got it for protection at home and when I go out fishing. I have encountered several weirdos out and about. I am a little nervous about OC'ing it; I suppose Ill get used to it. Dont think Ill carry it in public much, it might freak to many people out.

I think you will find just the opposite if you start open carrying. It is typically a non-issue. Most people either don't notice or don't care. Just make sure you are well aware of the laws in your state in case you are stopped by an LEO. Also if it is legal in your state you should consider carrying a recorder. I have been OCing for 4 years and have not had any encounters with any LEO. I have had one negative encounter with a fellow citizen compared with more than 30 positive encounters. I encourage you to open carry for a week and see how it goes. Good luck.