• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spoke with a Brown County Deputy Sheriff today regarding ccw

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
I had a booth at the Wedding show today in Green Bay at Shopko Hall, the Deputy was there to hang around....He said, he was totally not worried about it at all, DIDN'T FORESEE THE WILD WEST HAPPENING :) ...he said the people that he needed to worry about carry Concealed right now were the Thug Bangers & Drug Dealers....NOT law abiding residents....This was a really decent deputy, younger guy in his early 30's a real decent person.

Now I know 3 decent cops

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
I had a booth at the Wedding show today in Green Bay at Shopko Hall, the Deputy was there to hang around....He said, he was totally not worried about it at all, DIDN'T FORESEE THE WILD WEST HAPPENING :) ...he said the people that he needed to worry about carry Concealed right now were the Thug Bangers & Drug Dealers....NOT law abiding residents....This was a really decent deputy, younger guy in his early 30's a real decent person.

Sounds like you might have a winner there. Now if you can get all your LEOs to agree with him you'll be good to go.

CCW412

Sounds like a real down to earth guy, to bad the papers or news wont interview people like this!! They only look for the Drama queens to try and stir up fear and panic in the uninformed!

Da Po-lock

Yup, Brown County deputies are very cool. Several are real good friends of mine, known them since we were kids.

I think the sheriff is a good guy too.

Another great guy is the DA, see him at Church every week. Talk with him about several times about OC and CC and he seems in line with Van Holland. Not concerned about law abiding citizens carrying.

Another good bunch are Marinette Co deputies where our cabin is.

If you see any of these guys and gals around enough they all recognize you and don't flinch when they see you carrying.

Green Bay PD too, I know a whole bunch of them since we were kids, never really got hassles from any GBPD while carrying or otherwise.

Well not hassled unless I was doing stupid when I was much younger, then my dads buddies nailed me.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Yup, Brown County deputies are very cool. Several are real good friends of mine, known them since we were kids.

I think the sheriff is a good guy too.

Another great guy is the DA, see him at Church every week. Talk with him about several times about OC and CC and he seems in line with Van Holland. Not concerned about law abiding citizens carrying.

Another good bunch are Marinette Co deputies where our cabin is.

If you see any of these guys and gals around enough they all recognize you and don't flinch when they see you carrying.

Green Bay PD too, I know a whole bunch of them since we were kids, never really got hassles from any GBPD while carrying or otherwise.

Well not hassled unless I was doing stupid when I was much younger, then my dads buddies nailed me.

Well, actually I know 7 or 8 real decent cops in the area...I actually had to think about it for a while..