Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Intense Simulator Experience Awaits You!

McX

An Intense Simulator Experience Awaits You!

After out reunion of the Madison 5, for a documentary film, Mlutz persuaded all of us to go across the street to Gander Mountain, in Madison. This facility offers one of four in the US -Simulator Training Facilities. Though a bit pricey, it was a well worth it experience. They have several levels of simulations, from target shooting, to potential real life scenarios, and variations within each. Obviously, with a simulation, no ammo is wasted, and skills are sharpened. The simulations are intense enough to draw you right into the simulation, and make you feel as though you are truly there. I would recommend visiting this facility to any and all.

www. gandermtn.com/academy

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    After out reunion of the Madison 5, for a documentary film, Mlutz persuaded all of us to go across the street to Gander Mountain, in Madison. This facility offers one of four in the US -Simulator Training Facilities. Though a bit pricey, it was a well worth it experience. They have several levels of simulations, from target shooting, to potential real life scenarios, and variations within each. Obviously, with a simulation, no ammo is wasted, and skills are sharpened. The simulations are intense enough to draw you right into the simulation, and make you feel as though you are truly there. I would recommend visiting this facility to any and all.

www. gandermtn.com/academy
    All well and good; but...are there Cheeseburgers???
    Attachment 6452
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurchiron View Post
    All well and good; but...are there Cheeseburgers???
    Attachment 6452
    no burgers allowed in the simulator. Gets the guns all gooey. i also asked if they had any zombie simulations, they said that others had asked, but not as of yet.
    Last edited by McX; 07-25-2011 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    no burgers allowed in the simulator. Gets the guns all gooey. i also asked if they had any zombie simulations, they said that others had asked, but not as of yet.
    Maybe, simulated Cheeseburgers???
    Bale da Hay

I went last weekend and it was my first time experiencing a simulated shooting environment. I really thought it was cool. I did not do the 180 or 360 through, just the normal shooting lane. It is about 5 min from my work so I think I will be going at least once a week or so.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

Member of NRA, GOA, WCI

Price isn't that bad if you shoot for a solid half hour. Think of the cost of ammo, had it been live rounds. It's a deal. :-P
    Plus, you get to shoot/don't shoot "real" people on the screen. 100% worth it. Still didn't get the YouTube link though.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

That...and you don't have to "fake clean" your gun, before you eat your simulated Cheeseburger.

Winner, winner; chicken dinner...
    Attachment 6461
    Bale da Hay

That part might be even better. I don't own a either of the firearms they offer, so I'm not sure how they strip. Take that back, the sigma tears down like a glock. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    That part might be even better. I don't own a either of the firearms they offer, so I'm not sure how they strip. Take that back, the sigma tears down like a glock. Lol.
    Do they offer a printout/statistics option? That way you could keep track of your improvement as you splurge...
    Attachment 6462
    Bale da Hay

Pretty sure they do. If you have time, they can take you into a room and review all of your shots and scores. It's something everyone should check out.

Timed shooting. The target starts at 3 yards and is turned so you cannot see it. It turns to face you and you have 5 sec (i think) to shoot 5 times to the chest. It turns again so you cannot see it, and I dropped my gun hand. The target then turns again and you have 3 sec (I think) to shoot twice to the head. It continues to move back and repeat the sequence at 3, 5, 7 10, 15, 25, and 50 yds. At 25 yards and 50 yards you just shoot 5 to the chest a couple of times. I dropped my hand each time when the target turned. The CO2 gives a mild recoil which is realistic in my opinion. I thought the staff were very good too. I also shot at the live range which is much nicer and allows you to do more things than my club I belong to.

One of the best things I can think about this is if you know someone who is intrigued by learning to shoot but is nervous around guns, this would be the ideal teaching medium. The guns are real guns that have new guts installed so they can only fire the CO2/laser. I shot the Beretta 92. They should have 1911s at some point...My boss is very interested in going with me to learn to shoot. She has never shot a gun before.

The targets can be emailed to you. Here are a couple of mine

Last edited by baldp8; 07-25-2011 at 09:30 PM.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’— Thomas Jefferson

Member of NRA, GOA, WCI

Quote Originally Posted by baldp8 View Post
    Timed shooting. The target starts at 3 yards and is turned so you cannot see it. It turns to face you and you have 5 sec (i think) to shoot 5 times to the chest. It turns again so you cannot see it, and I dropped my gun hand. The target then turns again and you have 3 sec (I think) to shoot twice to the head. It continues to move back and repeat the sequence. At 25 yards and 50 yards you just shoot 5 to the chest a couple of times. I dropped my hand each time when the target turned. The CO2 gives a mild recoil which is realistic in my opinion. I thought the staff were very good too. I also shot at the live range which is much nicer and allows you to do more things than my club I belong to.

The targets can be emailed to you. Here is one of mine

Sounds pretty cool and your target looks dead :-)
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StalkingHorse View Post
    Interesting. Did you get Brad Pitt to play your part?

And did they get a close-up of Paul peeing his pants?
    Now what would cause you to make a comment such as that? Unless you are one and the same who has made other comments directed at Paul.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

Quote Originally Posted by springfield 1911 View Post
    Now what would cause you to make a comment such as that? Unless you are one and the same who has made other comments directed at Paul.
    That is only the third post he has ever made, and the first two were negative as well. I think it's safe to say he's not worth responding to. I personally applaud the Madison Five!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member springfield 1911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    That is only the third post he has ever made, and the first two were negative as well. I think it's safe to say he's not worth responding to. I personally applaud the Madison Five!
    On behalf of the Madison five I thank you!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJQ34JTqk0I

In the ashes burns an ember of liberty, We are the fuel to ignite the ember into a flame of liberty.

The embodiment of our founding fathers will not be found in one man , But in Many.

****** give it away ( Our rights ) prostitutes sell it (Mandated training).

so what was the cost for the 360/180 live action simulator?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorin21 View Post
    so what was the cost for the 360/180 live action simulator?
    $45 for a half hour. That includes a certified trainer and unlimited shooting. If you were using live ammo, your cost would be substantially higher.

I think this is something I'd like to try. Thanks for the heads up on it.

McX
    Interesting. Did you get Brad Pitt to play your part?

And did they get a close-up of Paul peeing his pants?
    although he is advancing in age, right behind me, i believe Paul still has good bladder control, as do i. I chose BobCat Goldwaith to play my part.

McX
    My friend, I just think all the handshaking, backslapping and history revisionism that goes on here since the passage or CC in WI is curious.

Groups that are a couple of years old are taking waaay too much credit for something that has been labored on for years and now we have individuals that just happened to be in a restaurant at a certain time documented as some type of OC heroes... its a strange world, thats all I'm saying.

Anyway, if there is continuing litigation be careful as to what you say in public as it may come back to bite you in the rear.
    Lunchbag! Your Back! i would engage you, but i must be innocent of instigation and retreat, i will leave the matter of your forum trouncing to others. my opinion.

1.) Changing my skivy drawers

2.) road trip planned
    Poor Obama. All this time, he thought he had been placed in charge of the GovernMINT.

Boys and girls call 911
    Men and Women call 1911

Exclamation It Does Seem We Have Many Who Are Against Firearms Rights Attacking Us These Days...

The list grows longer with "new" forum posters posting inane comments that are negative to our Constitutional rights.

Carry On!
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    The list grows longer with "new" forum posters posting inane comments that are negative to our Constitutional rights.

Carry On!
    Don't worry, its been squashed.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

McX
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Don't worry, its been squashed.
    maybe it was just a simulation?

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Wow! I just read this. Thanks guys for having my back. You guys are gentlemen and patriots.

As for peeing my pants, I wear Depends whenever I plan on meeting up with Madison PD.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast