• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An Intense Simulator Experience Awaits You!

M

McX

After out reunion of the Madison 5, for a documentary film, Mlutz persuaded all of us to go across the street to Gander Mountain, in Madison. This facility offers one of four in the US -Simulator Training Facilities. Though a bit pricey, it was a well worth it experience. They have several levels of simulations, from target shooting, to potential real life scenarios, and variations within each. Obviously, with a simulation, no ammo is wasted, and skills are sharpened. The simulations are intense enough to draw you right into the simulation, and make you feel as though you are truly there. I would recommend visiting this facility to any and all.

www. gandermtn.com/academy

Lurchiron

After out reunion of the Madison 5, for a documentary film, Mlutz persuaded all of us to go across the street to Gander Mountain, in Madison. This facility offers one of four in the US -Simulator Training Facilities. Though a bit pricey, it was a well worth it experience. They have several levels of simulations, from target shooting, to potential real life scenarios, and variations within each. Obviously, with a simulation, no ammo is wasted, and skills are sharpened. The simulations are intense enough to draw you right into the simulation, and make you feel as though you are truly there. I would recommend visiting this facility to any and all.

www. gandermtn.com/academy

All well and good; but...are there Cheeseburgers???
View attachment 6452 :dude:

baldp8

I went last weekend and it was my first time experiencing a simulated shooting environment. I really thought it was cool. I did not do the 180 or 360 through, just the normal shooting lane. It is about 5 min from my work so I think I will be going at least once a week or so.

Mlutz

Price isn't that bad if you shoot for a solid half hour. Think of the cost of ammo, had it been live rounds. It's a deal. :p
Plus, you get to shoot/don't shoot "real" people on the screen. 100% worth it. Still didn't get the YouTube link though.

Mlutz

That part might be even better. I don't own a either of the firearms they offer, so I'm not sure how they strip. Take that back, the sigma tears down like a glock. Lol.

Mlutz

Pretty sure they do. If you have time, they can take you into a room and review all of your shots and scores. It's something everyone should check out.

baldp8

Timed shooting. The target starts at 3 yards and is turned so you cannot see it. It turns to face you and you have 5 sec (i think) to shoot 5 times to the chest. It turns again so you cannot see it, and I dropped my gun hand. The target then turns again and you have 3 sec (I think) to shoot twice to the head. It continues to move back and repeat the sequence at 3, 5, 7 10, 15, 25, and 50 yds. At 25 yards and 50 yards you just shoot 5 to the chest a couple of times. I dropped my hand each time when the target turned. The CO2 gives a mild recoil which is realistic in my opinion. I thought the staff were very good too. I also shot at the live range which is much nicer and allows you to do more things than my club I belong to.

One of the best things I can think about this is if you know someone who is intrigued by learning to shoot but is nervous around guns, this would be the ideal teaching medium. The guns are real guns that have new guts installed so they can only fire the CO2/laser. I shot the Beretta 92. They should have 1911s at some point...My boss is very interested in going with me to learn to shoot. She has never shot a gun before.

The targets can be emailed to you. Here are a couple of mine

gandervirtual.png

gandervirtual2.png

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Timed shooting. The target starts at 3 yards and is turned so you cannot see it. It turns to face you and you have 5 sec (i think) to shoot 5 times to the chest. It turns again so you cannot see it, and I dropped my gun hand. The target then turns again and you have 3 sec (I think) to shoot twice to the head. It continues to move back and repeat the sequence. At 25 yards and 50 yards you just shoot 5 to the chest a couple of times. I dropped my hand each time when the target turned. The CO2 gives a mild recoil which is realistic in my opinion. I thought the staff were very good too. I also shot at the live range which is much nicer and allows you to do more things than my club I belong to.

The targets can be emailed to you. Here is one of mine

gandervirtual.png

Sounds pretty cool and your target looks dead :)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Now what would cause you to make a comment such as that? Unless you are one and the same who has made other comments directed at Paul.

That is only the third post he has ever made, and the first two were negative as well. I think it's safe to say he's not worth responding to. I personally applaud the Madison Five!

Mlutz

so what was the cost for the 360/180 live action simulator?

$45 for a half hour. That includes a certified trainer and unlimited shooting. If you were using live ammo, your cost would be substantially higher.

M

McX

Interesting. Did you get Brad Pitt to play your part?

And did they get a close-up of Paul peeing his pants?

although he is advancing in age, right behind me, i believe Paul still has good bladder control, as do i. I chose BobCat Goldwaith to play my part.