• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little help/Clarification

jt59

Just returned from MI vacation, took my 1911 and OC'd in a lot of various places as we traveled about. One thing I ended up being unsure about was our visit to the State Capitol (one of the nicest in the country).

I spoke to the guy at the visitors entrance and asked if it was "ok". He was hesitant, unsure, and aware of "those OC guys" that held a rally....but couldn't give me a straight answer.

So, what's the skinny....(it has no reference on the list published in the sticky's)

1.) Can you carry on the capitol mall?'
2.) Can you carry inside the capitol building itself?

TheQ

You can OC anywhere on/in the Capitol/Mall EXCEPT the chamber of the Senate/House -- that requires permission of the Chamber Leadership.

jmlefler

I personally have open carried on the Captiol grounds, and inside the Capitol both while speaking to MSP troopers. A funny story; a group of us were carrying on the grounds when we overheard this conversation between some folks and a group of four troopers...

Folks - "Officer, those guys over there are carrying guns!"
Troopers - "hmmmmmm"
Folks - "they just can't carry a gun like that here, can they?"
Troopers - "I'm pretty sure they can but they know more about it than we do, why don't you go ask them?"

True story...

Carry on

Greyh Seer

I personally have open carried on the Captiol grounds, and inside the Capitol both while speaking to MSP troopers. A funny story; a group of us were carrying on the grounds when we overheard this conversation between some folks and a group of four troopers...

Troopers - "hmmmmmm"
Troopers - "I'm pretty sure they can but they know more about it than we do, why don't you go ask them?"

True story...

Carry on

I would have loved to be present to hear this. Amazing and funny.

HKcarrier

Troopers - "hmmmmmm"
True story...

Carry on

Duck-Sauce-Charlie-Sheen-Spinstyles-Bi-Winning-Edit.jpg

Last edited: