• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idaho Falls OC get together.

user345678

Hi,

I am new to the site and recently started OC'ing. I live in IF and was wondering how many others here would like to get together for an OC day/weekend.

Thanks!!

Amy

jimd_21

Welcome, I am in Blackfoot and i know their is a few in I.F. and a few in poky. We do need to have a get together here in S.E. Idaho.

user345678

Thanks! I get a little nervous about people seeing my gun and being ignorant about it. Have you had any negative experiences? What kind of education to you use? I printed out the Idaho Constitution that talks about the right to bear arms as well as the title 18 chapter 33 prohibited conduct, but since I will be OC'ing it doesnt apply to me. My reasons for OC are: its my constitutional right and for protection. I am planning on applying for my concealed permit today as well. As far as I have read I can OC anywhere except: private property where the owner objects and any school(public/private). CC does limit it further to courthouse/jail and juvenile detention center.

Amy

jimd_21

Do a search in the idaho forum for "Idaho pamphlet" save it and print out numerous copies not only for yourself but to hand out to people. Everything you need to know according to the laws is on their. Invaluable piece of paper. As far as OC you won't have much problems at all, been to numerous stores in idaho falls and no problems yet. Getting your License is a good idea just in case it accidently gets covered up, and to bypass the 1000' Gun Free School Zone (GFSZ) that is federal law.