• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC legality in bar or while responsibly drinking

mechanicworkman

LMTD

I understand that this is not the case with some officers but it is with others. Now I have never been to the Ultimate Defense Range I have friends that shoot there but, I am away from home a lot due to work and my time at home has been limited.

If Ultimate Defense is the range is the one I am thinking of that is pretty new out that direction then they police officer you are referring to if the range is off Turner Blvd. That same officer that owns the shop is the most likely the same one my friend of the Family said his “BUDDY” was opening a number of months back. I understand that you say he knows its legal to open carry but the question is really does he support it.& to that same thing applies to drinking & a firearm I understand that its not a good idea but like others on this form I don’t think that a beer is should be out of the question just because I choose to exercise my right to carry a firearm for self defense. I certainly don’t think that should make me a felon either, but with the admitted views of some it should.

I also understand that people like Doc don’t seem to like the Idea of CCW and they prefer OC but I have no problem with CCW other than the fact that before OC was legal and CCWing I worried about the event that weapon was seen by someone when bent over or grabbed something off shelf at grocery store. And the possibility of trouble for brandishing or something as brandishing can have a very wide meaning.

Though I never had any issues I figure if I am in an area that allows both OC and CCW the event that my shirt comes up for a second is no big deal.----if I am wrong in this thinking let me know

Although doc likes the public to see he is carrying that’s fine because its not a crime and its his right in my personal opinion CCW is the way to go. You can go a thousand times and never have a problem but you could have a problem that once! Now look at why your carrying you carrying not because your going to have a problem 999 times your carrying because the 1 time could happen.

mechanicworkman

If were playing the name calling game and you have labeled me an anti- then all you who beleve it are some left wing democrats and should be in bed with obama and are seeking to destroy this country and the very things it was founed on!

sohighlyunlikely

Sooooo

For the record. I support those who have gained and wish to use their state payed for and approved CCW privilege. I myself have one and use it it on occasion. For the record I do not consider either Mr Workman or Hagen as anti OC. As a matter of fact I am glad to see more acceptance of all thing OC from Mr Hagen. It is only the prevailing off record words of I will arrest you for what ever I want LEO attitude that is being replayed by Mr Workman that I find troubling. It is a threat that never seems to come to truth here in Missouri, and with that I have to file it under propaganda.
I do not believe myself to be King of anything other than my own castle(my home).

Doc.

Festus_Hagen

For the record. I support those who have gained and wish to use their state payed for and approved CCW privilege. I myself have one and use it it on occasion. For the record

I do not consider either Mr Workman or Hagen as anti OC. As a matter of fact I am glad to see more acceptance of all thing OC from Mr Hagen. It is only the prevailing off record words of I will arrest you for what ever I want LEO attitude that is being replayed by Mr Workman that I find troubling. It is a threat that never seems to come to truth here in Missouri, and with that I have to file it under propaganda.
I do not believe myself to be King of anything other than my own castle(my home).

Doc.
:eek:

Damn, thanks for realizing I'm not against you. I acknowledge it and appreciate it. :)

I didn't take Gerald's comments as "anti" . I feel he was simply explaining how maybe some LEO's are ill-informed and what he had heard from an officer, therefor passing on what he heard to all of us. I know you and some others OC there without trouble, so it's even more disturbing to me that the LEO said that . :confused:

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I also understand that people like Doc don’t seem to like the Idea of CCW and they prefer OC but I have no problem with CCW other than the fact that before OC was legal and CCWing I worried about the event that weapon was seen by someone when bent over or grabbed something off shelf at grocery store. And the possibility of trouble for brandishing or something as brandishing can have a very wide meaning.

Uhm, there is a huge error in your statement.

OC has been LEGAL since before Missouri became a state and it was not until 1985 I believe that some anti stuck a provision into MO law that violates the state and US constitutions allowing municipalities to make it illegal and it has in fact changed for very very few locations. CCW was never legal per the inception of the MO constitution which excludes it as a right. In 2004 it became legal via a paid for privilege.

Your friend is a bad LEO it sounds like, one that subscribes to "you can beat the wrap but you can't beat the ride" which means he will intentionally violate the very laws he swore to uphold and he should be punished for his criminal behavior. He also employs intimidation practices which came to light when you showed him where the law had changed and he clearly defined he would trump up something else and do whatever he wants, this is not the kind of person we want policing, it is the kind of person leaders like Hitler wanted policing.

FYI walked out of Walfart with vacuum bags and crossed strong side to him in front of a LSTL cruiser that stopped for me to cross. He MIGHT not have seen the XD right above his hood with an extended mag, but he would have to be near blind since I had jean shorts and a white shirt on, I would think it would stick out in a serpa like a sore thumb, he just drove on through after I crossed.

Comming to Pacific meet up tonight?

mechanicworkman

My apolology to those offensive & harsh words but I am VERY PRO GUN RIGHTS and the ANITI thing I very much dont like LOL.......so those I offened I am sorry!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Your not going to offend many folks on this board, that's my job :)

You coming tonight? want a ride?

mechanicworkman

I am not sure if you are asking me if I am comming? But if you are I am at work! I work in Spain on the Island f Gran Canaria!~ I work on a ship! I but if your willing to drive to your gonna need a car that floats for a portion of the ocean Journey!

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I am not sure if you are asking me if I am comming? But if you are I am at work! I work in Spain on the Island f Gran Canaria!~ I work on a ship! I but if your willing to drive to your gonna need a car that floats for a portion of the ocean Journey!

Well hell, that is gonna make me late!

Can ya carry in Spain?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Well time to go, I am thinking this is going to be every bit of a 45 minute drive for me, shoot might run into gunner on the road over, look forward to seeing everyone!

Damn, in Spain... hmmmm wonder what time it is lol and what kind of a job out of stl puts ya on a boat in Spain... and a liberal to boot!

I think your real confused Gerald, we are damn near in the center of the country, long long ways from work, you fix that commute and us rednecks will fix that liberal thing for ya if you hang round long enough!

Just playing, have a good evening or day which ever it is in Spain!!

mechanicworkman

Spain is 6 hours ahead of Central Time. I work for a seismic survey company that does seismic surevys of below the ocean floor searching for oil. Nope no carry at work! although when working off places like west africa and such would be much more of a feel good to have it i know that! I work with guys from all over the world many of which think its weird they allow americans to have guns at all!