• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please get on to your us reps to co-sponsor this bill!

since9

Campaign Veteran
Sample Letter

Dear Congressman X: I am writing you concerning Congressman Ron Paul's introduction of H. R. 2613 - Citizens Protection Act of 2011. I urge you to support this bill to the maximum extent possible.

The Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990 does absolutely nothing to deter criminals from bringing firearms near or into schools. Instead, it criminalizes honest, law-abiding citizens who inadvertently carry within 1,000 feet of a K-12 school. Colorado Springs has many schools, and it's all but impossible to drive from one part of town to the next without passing within 1,000 ft of a K-12 school. Fortunately, only open carry within 1,000 feet is illegal here in Colorado, as one's vehicle is considered an extension of one's home. Sadly, in many states this law means that any kind of carry while running errands around town violates the law. Put another way, this law clearly infringes on the right to keep and bear arms!

There are far smarter ways to ensure guns remain out of our schools than depriving honest, law-abiding citizens the right to defends themselves and their loved ones whenever they're close to a school, which is quite often in most cities. In fact, the 1990 bill appears to have been crafted as an underhanded way to limit our 2A rights throughout the 1,000 ft circles dotting the land...

Please support H.R. 2613 - Citizens Protection Act of 2011. Help keep Americans safe, not only from the bad guys, but from wrongful, un-Constitutional detention, harassment, and possible arrest. Thank you.