Thread: Scorpion Micro Digital Video Camera by Galls

Scorpion Micro Digital Video Camera by Galls

Got an email from galls about this micro video camera. Looks like a good deal, its not expensive and its not cheap either. Micro SD Card Slot for memory, includes a 2GB Micro SD Card and it looks like you can get up to 16GB Micro SD Card with this camera. Has a "alligator" clip to clip it to your shirt or jeans. Even looks like you can mount the thing too. Check out the link:

Scorpion Micro Digital Video Camera

Looks pretty slick... too bad it only lasts like 2 hours.. would be nice to beable to walk around for 6 or 8 hours...

I'm sure we could hack it to have a bigger battery capacity. Have a little external battery pack, as long as we maintained the correct voltage and amperage in a series.

Imagine using a battery from one of those Lantern Lights LOL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Battery-operated-lamps-and-lanterns-are-handy-for-the-Sandwich-Generation-IF-they-are-easy-to-op.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	6468

Cop would be asking what were hiding in our shirts... ummm nothing its a pace maker battery!

I know this post is old, but did anyone ever try this out? I have a cheap mini dvr from eBay (like $20 straight from China, works ok, but clip broke long ago) and I was looking for something to replace it. This is quite a bit more than I hoped to spend, but it would be easier to carry (I don't use a bluetooth headset currently) and 2 hours would hopefully be enough time to record "the moment" needed (encounter, etc). I did some research online but didn't come up with much. Would love to hear some thoughts! Thanks.

--
    Peace. ~G
    Last edited by GuidoZ; 02-13-2012 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Minor typo
    Carry weapon: SA XDm .40 SC + 11rd Ranger SXT 180gr