• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scorpion Micro Digital Video Camera by Galls

Syst3m Ov3rrid3

Got an email from galls about this micro video camera. Looks like a good deal, its not expensive and its not cheap either. Micro SD Card Slot for memory, includes a 2GB Micro SD Card and it looks like you can get up to 16GB Micro SD Card with this camera. Has a "alligator" clip to clip it to your shirt or jeans. Even looks like you can mount the thing too. Check out the link:

Scorpion Micro Digital Video Camera

HKcarrier

Looks pretty slick... too bad it only lasts like 2 hours.. would be nice to beable to walk around for 6 or 8 hours...

Syst3m Ov3rrid3

I'm sure we could hack it to have a bigger battery capacity. Have a little external battery pack, as long as we maintained the correct voltage and amperage in a series. :)

Imagine using a battery from one of those Lantern Lights LOL
Battery-operated-lamps-and-lanterns-are-handy-for-the-Sandwich-Generation-IF-they-are-easy-to-op.jpg

Cop would be asking what were hiding in our shirts... ummm nothing its a pace maker battery!

GuidoZ

I know this post is old, but did anyone ever try this out? I have a cheap mini dvr from eBay (like $20 straight from China, works ok, but clip broke long ago) and I was looking for something to replace it. This is quite a bit more than I hoped to spend, but it would be easier to carry (I don't use a bluetooth headset currently) and 2 hours would hopefully be enough time to record "the moment" needed (encounter, etc). I did some research online but didn't come up with much. Would love to hear some thoughts! Thanks.

--
Peace. ~G

Last edited: