Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cop Talk Radio To Examine The Open Carry Movement On Wednesday Night 07/27/11

Cop Talk Radio To Examine The Open Carry Movement On Wednesday Night 07/27/11

Given the number of high-profile Open Carry encounters with the police that have occurred here in California over the past few weeks (both positive and negative), Responsible Citizens of California Press Secretary, Yih-Chau Chang, will be featured on Cop Talk Radio Wednesday night (7/27/11) to talk about Open Carry and concealed carry in the Golden State between 4-6 PM PST (7-9 EST). All Open Carry advocates should feel free to call in and express your viewpoint during the show at 1-877-960-9960. You can tune in to the show at the link featured here. Feel free to pass this around to everyone in the Open Carry Movement.

www.coptalkradio.com
    "History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - General Dwight D. Eisenhower

Oakland Gun Rights Examiner at Examiner.com

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-1...yih-chau-chang

Press Secretary at Responsible Citizens of California

http://www.responsiblecitizensofcalifornia.org/

Banned
    I will be working during the broadcast. Will it be rebroadcast? Will it be downloadable. I'd love to be able to listen to it.

I think I will give it a listen. I used to live in San Diego so I always keep an ear to the ground when it comes to California. Thanks for sharing!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    SNIP I used to live in San Diego so I always keep an ear to the ground when it comes to California.
    Is that so you can hear the earthquakes or just the good vibrations.

Is the OP provided link the correct site? They list a section of South Florida as their broadcast market.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Is the OP provided link the correct site? They list a section of South Florida as their broadcast market.
    "A unique first and only type of its kind, Cop Talk Radio Show "The Beat" airs on SeaView Radio out of South Florida. This show features reality based police topics including a variety of law enforcement and current event topics, geared not only around South Florida, but nationally as well."

Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    I will be working during the broadcast. Will it be rebroadcast? Will it be downloadable. I'd love to be able to listen to it.
    Did you click the link? Right there on the front page, is the information you seek.. (Yes, the shows are archived for later listening).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_Factor View Post
    Did you click the link? Right there on the front page, is the information you seek.. (Yes, the shows are archived for later listening).
    No. I generally don't click links until I know that it has something I want or need. I incorrectly assumed that this link was only for listening live to the show. Now that I have been corrected, I will click the link at the first opportunity after the show is over. Thank you.

I understand you run noscript and are generally cautious about browsing the web. That is all good and well, however hovering a link and inspecting the place it REALLY goes too before writing it off as a bad link/page can go a long way towards keeping your computer clean, safe, etc etc.

If I head into unknown territory online, I'll run noscript and the like. Otherwise I just run a general adblocker. In a forum, or when someone links something, I'll be sure to check out where it goes, before I actually click on it. www.coptalkradio.com doesn't set off any alarms in my book.

Banned
    As the link was presented to be a place to listen live and as I would not be listening live, I saw no point in clicking on it.

Again, thank you for the information. I will use it. No thanks for the harping. I won't use it. Moving on.

Not trying to harp on you, just pointing it out an alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
    Given the number of high-profile Open Carry encounters with the police that have occurred here in California over the past few weeks (both positive and negative), Responsible Citizens of California Press Secretary, Yih-Chau Chang, will be featured on Cop Talk Radio Wednesday night (7/27/11) to talk about Open Carry and concealed carry in the Golden State between 4-6 PM PST (7-9 EST). All Open Carry advocates should feel free to call in and express your viewpoint during the show at 1-877-960-9960. You can tune in to the show at the link featured here. Feel free to pass this around to everyone in the Open Carry Movement.

www.coptalkradio.com
    At the risk of actually bringing this thread back on topic, did anyone actually get a chance to listen to this? I had to work late that night and missed it, the archive doesn't seem to be posted yet.... Any commentary on the content?

I missed it as well. Just waiting for it to show up on the download section.

I have been a guest on Cop Talk and American Biker Talk Radio multiple times. Both shows by the same host. He and his audiences have been very friendly to the Open Carry Movement in Florida.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by donny View Post
    I'm curious. Is the OP's shameless self promotion here and on other forums ever going to stop?
    You are not the only one who has noticed that his posts are almost exclusively self-promoting. If he were otherwise a regular poster here, I'd have no problem with him saying, "Oh, BTW, here is a column I wrote on the subject." Instead, the only reasonable conclusion is that his actions are essentially spamming, so I go out of my way NOT to read his articles. It's not that we should hope that he stops promoting his column. We should hope that he becomes a bona fide poster.

Quote Originally Posted by PavePusher View Post
    At the risk of actually bringing this thread back on topic, did anyone actually get a chance to listen to this? I had to work late that night and missed it, the archive doesn't seem to be posted yet.... Any commentary on the content?
    Dragging this back on-topic again, I listened to the 20 July show, and they seem to be a pretty even-handed group, or at least that week they were. The 27 July show is now posted, I'm downloading it right now. Will also check out some of their earlier stuff.

So far, not bad.

I'm curious. Is the OP's shameless self promotion here and on other forums ever going to stop?
    Any different than Dave Workman's blogging? Nope.

Unlike many folks who regularly post on OCDO, Black Dragon's efforts beyond the forum in support of both Open Carry as well as our broader Second Amendment rights have been nothing short of exemplary. If OCDO had ten more like him, we'd all be the better for it!
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I honestly don't mind as he is posting stuff which is on topic and of interest to the people who read these threads.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    Unlike many folks who regularly post on OCDO, Black Dragon's efforts beyond the forum in support of both Open Carry as well as our broader Second Amendment rights have been nothing short of exemplary. If OCDO had ten more like him, we'd all be the better for it!
    OCDO does not "have" him. We have his self-promotions.

I'd love it if he'd discuss OC with us here on OCDO. He, as is his right, chooses not to join in. I choose not to read his stuff. If he made a different choice, so would I.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Any different than Dave Workman's blogging? Nope.
    At least Chau is pro OC. I don't click on Workman's links unless it is a very intriguing topic. He isn't pro OC and has shown disdain for members of this forum, so I won't contribute to his click count. I won't buy his books either but someone who did, said one of the lines concerning OC was to grow up and get a concealed permit.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    At least Chau is pro OC. I don't click on Workman's links unless it is a very intriguing topic. He isn't pro OC and has shown disdain for members of this forum, so I won't contribute to his click count. I won't buy his books either but someone who did, said one of the lines concerning OC was to grow up and get a concealed permit.
    I wonder then. Why he bothers to post links to his blog here, if he does not approve of OC.

I don't think its good for anyone that is pro 2A to knock on someone else who is pro 2A. OC or CC, or where you should carry etc.. Everyone is going to have there own opinions. The more we bicker amongst ourselves, the less ground we'll gain with anti 2A'ers

So anyway. While I might not always agree with what others post, I'll always try to find that common ground to help support our 2A rights.

More on topic : I got a chance to sit down and listen to that episode. (Its in the second half by the way, so you don't waste your first hour listening to blah blah blah) I was pretty disappointed in the light it was portrayed in by these "LEO" who run the program. They have a hard time not trying to talk over each other, let alone the person in which they are interviewing. One of them also mentioned that California has it pretty nice as far OC laws go (laughable at best). They all seemed slightly taken aback that in most states you don't need a permit to OC either.

Just kinda makes you wonder. I bet this attitude is with the majority of those who serve in LE roles.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I wonder then. Why he bothers to post links to his blog here, if he does not approve of OC.

I don't think its good for anyone that is pro 2A to knock on someone else who is pro 2A. OC or CC, or where you should carry etc.. Everyone is going to have there own opinions. The more we bicker amongst ourselves, the less ground we'll gain with anti 2A'ers

So anyway. While I might not always agree with what others post, I'll always try to find that common ground to help support our 2A rights.
    I believe the answer to your first question is "money".

I do think he is pro gun though. Just not in agreement with how many of us interpret and understand the meaning of the 2A.

I agree with your next few sentences too. And often am surprised by some CC guys attitude of OC. Fortunately most I encounter encourage it and like it but just don't feel it's for them.
    Last edited by sudden valley gunner; 08-06-2011 at 12:15 PM.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Who gives a crap? He does a lot for the cause behind the iron curtain and getting the word out there about it and all of us is pretty crucial. Most things OC have been here in CA, the bastion of liberalism, which is pretty counter intuitive to many on this board. Bringing light to that is a good thing.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Previous statement on another thread - Examiners posting information or referring to such is NOT in violation to the rules or intent on OCDO.

Examiners perform a function that is timely, pertinent and appreciated.

What is not appreciated are the thinly veiled personal attacks, renewed on this thread - even after previous statement wherein this matter should have been put to rest.

Read the examiner's reports or not as you prefer, but this unpleasantness ends here.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast